View Single Post
Unread 22-01-2010, 21:48   #41
donncha
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushed2nowhere View Post
I saw this in this week’s edition of the Wicklow Times (a free weekly) - 31/10/07:
Bringing the former station in Avoca back into its former role would not be a good idea, as there is no parking available near the former station.

There is a second solution under discussion though, to get a commuter station (with adequate parking and a shop) implemented in Avoca. The big question is, how many people are there who would be motivated to use the station?

I do realise that it's quite a long drive into Dublin, I did it myself many a day.
I would have preferred to relax in a train rather than sit in heavy traffic, generating greenhouse gases and upsetting the balance of payments by burning expensive imported petrol, not to mention wear and tear on the car.

If there are enough people who are seriously interested, I believe that the second solution might get adopted sooner rather than later, but we need to understand how many seriously motivated commuters are out there, otherwise it will be hard to show IE and the Dept. of Transport that there is a need to make this happen.

Let me know if you are concerned by this, or if you know anyone else who is. Perhaps we should get a group organised on Facebook? Suggestions and comments welcome.

Donncha
donncha is offline   Reply With Quote