View Single Post
Unread 26-04-2012, 15:00   #9
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructix View Post
I was let into CityGold once for free when the train was overcrowded. Tbh its no different to standard class just you get a light and headphones plug in and adjustable seating. Now must have been 16 people standing on that train only reason i was let in was the member of staff knew me for years using the train. There was only like 3 people in first class. Is there any real need for it. It's expensive and underused they could have much more capacity using that as a standard carriage. If someone wants to look posh sell them a pillow.
That is because it is run down to the extent that you have describe it. I remember getting full meals and complimentary newspapers and suchlike when citygold meant something. Citygold was a proper first class/business class offering using a seperate carriage with 2+1 seating whcih used a modified carraige of which there were few. on bringing in the mark4 fleet the name was carried over to what is carraige B on those sets. of that old service only the name survives. Thats why ony three people were using it, being back the full service and it will attract a lot more patrons.