Thread: Sail & Rail
View Single Post
Unread 13-01-2015, 18:25   #224
Traincustomer

Quote:
Apologies
Fair enough.

Quote:
Again the question arises - why has the shipping company changed their schedule to create this problem in the first place?
Presumably to effect fuel savings as per other routes/ferry operators. Some of the sailings from Rosslare to Cherbourg have increased passage times too in that route's 2015 Sailing Schedule which was introduced last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comcor View Post
I did actually acknowledge the impact at the other side of the timetable. Nevertheless, it should be possible to deal with it by removing the padding. Last time I used the service, it was scheduled to take 20 minutes from Ramsgrange to Wellingtonbridge; it took about 12.

That morning bus doesn't go the slow route, but it does allow 50 minutes to get from Bridgetown to New Ross, which seems excessively generous, even allowing for the lower speeds on a bus and picking up passengers in Wellingtonbridge.
I agree there is a level of padding in the schedule. Last time I was on the bus it took 42 minutes to travel from New Ross to Bridgetown including several stops (and for the record I should say that's driving at an ordinary speed appropriate to the roads - which in places are twisty).
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote