View Single Post
Unread 26-02-2014, 19:33   #1
Irisbeag
New to the board

Default Seeking help and advice....Appealing a penalty

Hi there,
I was travelling last weekend from country town to Dublin. Asked for a return ticket and paid full price (€47) for return on last Thursday (20th Feb). I was visiting family and planned to return on Sunday.
I never asked specifically for a 3 day or open return, but never realised I was issued with a one day return only (I was arriving to Dublin at 12noon so would not have had much time!!). I definitely did not try to avail of any form of 'one day return special offer', since I paid equivalent to full price.

Anyhow, I genuinely never realised my ticket had expired on the day I bought it, and believed I had a valid ticket. I was shocked when I was tackled on the train and issued with a penalty notice.

Has anyone had similar experience or can advise how best to try to get this cancelled.

The treatment received from the I.R. staff on the train was appalling quite frankly.....I was treated like a criminal while trying to get him to understand it was a genuine mistake. Customer Service indeed!! Don't think I will ever travel by train again!

Appreciate any suggestions or help.
This is a genuine case I assure you
Irisbeag is offline   Reply With Quote