View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2011, 18:41   #27
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructix View Post
I wish they would run direct trains again. There was a time Limerick Junction shuttle was optional and direct trains served Thurles in the morning. I think them 2700s should be exported abroad and scrapped. Uncomfortable noisy things. I notice the track makes a unbearable (like finger nail pulled down along a chalkboard) noise in Templemore, im guessing that part of the line needs work
Ideally there would be a bay platform at an angle to the putative east LJ platform to allow the Clonmel train to pull in and terminate without crossing the mainline (since IE won't countenance through-running to Limerick) and thus allowing tighter arrivals/departures for connections particularly if both Dublin and Cork bound services could be connected to in a single short layover. Fat chance of that happening "in the current climate", of course.

As for selling the 2700s - given the inability of IE to find homes for the non-pushpull 201s or the Mark 3s and that the 8200 DARTs are still on the books, I wouldn't count on much enthusiasm from the rail sector for more IE leavings.
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote