Thread: Rail & Sail
View Single Post
Unread 17-04-2010, 23:42   #56
purplepanda
New to the board

Rosslare Fishguard needs more frequent train services from London, a train to connect with the summer fast ferry like the Dublin route would be perfect.

I did the Euston to Dublin Port journey in 7 & 1/4 hours just before Xmas with the fast ferry, 07.20 train out of London Euston when over for a funeral in Longford & the airports were closed due to the bad weather.

Ryanair wanted me to book an expensive last minute flight but refused to give me a promise, that I could take the following plane if my initial flight was grounded due to the weather!

Ferry & Train companies need to sync their timetables to achieve faster journeys, because there are increasing numbers of people fed up with all the problems involved with air travel which seem to be getting worse over time.

Meanwhile the ferries are doing a great trade on foot passengers across the English Channel with Eurostar fully booked up. With the new Kings X St Pancras high speed 1hour 10mins trains to Dover the best cheaper option to the coast @ £35 Off Peak Return for anyone who needs to get to Continental Europe at short notice

Last edited by purplepanda : 17-04-2010 at 23:44.
purplepanda is offline   Reply With Quote