[30-07-2011] Dublin - Galway/Westport
Nothing major wrong, just the usual IR confusion:
- Seat reservation displays not working
- Platform displays say the rear 3 are going to Galway but the driver says change in Athlone for Galway
- People are sitting in the wrong seats because their reserved seats are in the front 3 but they're going to Galway and assumed the platform displays were correct
In train announcements are odd
- It only ever says its going to Galway, mention of Westport even though that's where the train is actually going
- Approaching Kildare, it said it was the 8.30 from Heuston instead of the 7.30
- Approaching the second stop, it played the welcome on board message.
- Approaching Tullamore, it played the "leaving in 2 minutes" announcement
To his credit, whoever is doing the manual announcements is clear, helpful and brief.
Last edited by markpb : 30-07-2011 at 07:41.