View Single Post
Unread 23-02-2009, 23:22   #4
essoII
Regular Poster

Still trying to get a photo of the work in progress..these mounting poles are at both night exits at greystones station (platforms 1+2), very out of-way locations for emergency intercom stations...found this on rpa.ie however, i'm sure you've all seen it already though:

"RPA has appointed IBM Ireland Ltd. to develop the systems necessary to run the ITS back-office. For more details, please click here.

The systems will be delivered on a phased basis over the next 24 months, and will undergo extensive testing before the systems are gradually rolled out. The systems will provide a pay-as-you-go system on re-usable smart cards as well as holding weekly, monthly and annual tickets for regular commuters on Luas, Dublin Bus, Irish Rail, Bus Éireann and privately operated services."

I didnt realize how advanced the I.T.S. project actually was. They're claiming from what i read that Integrated ticketing will be introduced late this yearhttp://www.rpa.ie/Documents/ITS%20Co...d%20220908.pdf! Don't know if i believe this though..

Could it be that they're beginning testing of Luas like smartcard machines at Greystones or i would it not be that advanced a project yet?

Last edited by essoII : 23-02-2009 at 23:25.
essoII is offline   Reply With Quote