View Single Post
Unread 12-04-2008, 10:01   #25
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermo88 View Post
Much as I liked the Mark 2d fleet with 071 locomotives, their time was up.

14,000 users per annum beyond Gorey at that time....Fast forward 30 or more years, and there is some effort being made,

There are too many bad memories of dodgy Baby GM's, delays and overcrowding on it, which takes a generation to overcome. BUT,

"well we did put on additional services in 2007-2008 etc....and they were not used, so...."
I totally agree the mk2d fleet had its time, but instead of replacing the mk2d fleet with the firstly 2700 commuter trains which were just outrageous then the 2800's,The mk3 should have been booked for the line. I remember the first time I seen a 29000 Commuter train arriving into Gorey these trains were so much up to date than the 2800 they could handle the hills and gain speed much quicker.
I think the Rosslare line is lucky getting a service its only busy in the summer months but in order to get people back the journey time needs to be looked at and with new trains, I think the media would be the best option because there are people out there that dont follow the line/railway.(Example)When I heard the new trains on Sligo I wanted to travel on them and in doing so I would travel again.
The first train from Connolly the 07:26 to Rosslare this service should be killed I dodged this service one morning because of the lenght of time on this service and the number of stops. The first service because its early it is handy but if a person seen its timetable they will jump on the bus, Which Im sure people are doing. I think a clock face pattern would be best from Connolly-Rosslare and R to Connolly. I think something like the Galway layout 07:10, 10:30, 13:10, 15:10, 17:30, 19:10. The 10:30 and 15:10 would terminate at Wexford and travel back. I think new trains/new signalling/hopefully faster journey times then different travel times.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote