View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2009, 11:52   #10
finnyus

Default 30th Dec Dundalk

Got the Enterprise to Connolly on the 30th Dec from Dundalk. The only timetables that I could find in Dundalk where the "until further notice" timetables. There was no sign anywhere that said there was a special timetable in operation on the 30th. I checked for a return service, perfect, the 22:29 to Dundalk. Went to Dublin, did my business there, then got back to Connolly for 22:00. The only Dundalk service I could see on the departures board was the 23:20! I was like, no! Not a 80minute wait! Went up to an IrishRail fella and asked (while showing him the service on my timetable), he looked at me blankly. The security guard that he was talking to, said to me, "yeah, a Saturday service is running today".

I rang a buddy of mine to check the irishrail.ie website, and he said the next service was indeed the 23:20, but the train only goes as far as Drogheda, and I will need to change trains. Suffice it to say, the 23:20 service was a service to Dundalk with no changes.

I am not from that part of the country. I am from Cork. I could not get over how slow the train was.

Finbarr.
finnyus is offline   Reply With Quote