View Single Post
Unread 13-11-2006, 23:35   #50
TomB

Thought I would relay an interesting nugget of information that I gathered over the weekend...

I was on the 1500 to Cork on Saturday 11th. I had reserved a seat, and the two lads in the yellow tops were waiting to guide me to my seat.

I told them that I'd got a number of trains to Limerick and Cork recently where my seat wasn't reserved. Going on the principle that the amount of customer service you get on our rail service is directly proportional to the compatibility of your needs as a customer to the work rosters of Iarnrod Eireann staff, I asked them whether there were particular trains they tended to check.

They said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by man in the yellow top
Yeah, we normally do the Cork and Waterford trains, and sometimes we do the Galway ones too
Which kind of explains why Donal only sometimes gets his reserved seat and I never do.

IE, you've been claiming for two years that you can book a seat on trains to Limerick, and I've called you, I've emailed you, and you still can't do it and you still can't tell me why. Oh by the way, if you maybe followed what they do in loads of other countries and put little tickets above the seats (there are even little plastic holders for them on your Mk3 coaches!), you could send the men in the yellow tops round to put these in every train, and everybody could be confident of a reserved seat. That's what I thought you were going to do two years ago, and that's what I'm still waiting you to do.

I'm off to write a letter to Willie O'Dea to ask him to go for the Minister for Transport job, seems like it's the only way I'll ever be able to confidently reserve a seat on a Limerick train...
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote