Thread: DART Operations
View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:13   #3
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

The same seems to happen every year in the autumn except for some reason last year. They trot out "leaf-fall" sometime in late September and then everything just gets sloppy until everybody gets a nice break over Christmas. In past years they used to do new timetable in early December which fixed everything but since they stopped doing that we have to wait until the new year.

By way of example, the 0545 from Sligo rolled into Edgeworthstown 10 minutes late (with the trolley pusher chatting to the driver in the cab for some reason). He waited there for at least another 5 minutes and had another 5 minutes rest in Mullingar. I didn't check signals. I didn't check the time at Maynooth but we left Enfield at 8:10 which is when that train is supposed to be in Maynooth. I guess they held the 8:18 for us because we made up most of the time between Maynooth and Connolly and only arrived in about 5 minutes late

But this kind of sloppy timekeeping would have a knock-on effect on the 8:18 from Maynooth which would then have held up the show joining the northern line and holding up everything there.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote