View Single Post
Unread 30-04-2014, 16:45   #209
comcor
Really Regular Poster

Location: Cork-Dublin, Cork Commuter and occasionally DART and Dublin-Wexford

I know this is really a bus question, but I'm sure that there are people here who will know the answer

As of tomorrow, my monthly Cork commuter bus ticket will be converted to be a LEAP card. Next month is easy, it comes pre-activated.

After that it gets trickier. Apparently I have to find a Payzone agent to activate it each month.

This is where my problems come in. It is apparently 2km from my house to the nearest Payzone agent and 5km from my workplace to the nearest Payzone agent.

So my question is how far in advance I can expect the ticket to be pre-loaded onto my account. If I get a few days I will usually find myself in either the City Centre or Douglas during this period and I'll be fine. If it's longer then I have a problem and I may need to reassess how I commute.

To be honest, the roll-out in Cork is looking a bit botched. There's a whole swathe of the eastern side of the city (Ballintemple, Ballinlough, Douglas Rd) that doesn't have an agent. A similar dead zone exists on the northside around St Lukes, Montenotte and Ballyvolane. There are major satellite towns like Ballincollig, Glanmire and Carrigaline without an agent. Bizarrely, there is no possibility to buy/top-up/activate a card in Parnell Place Bus Station, Kent Station or Cork Airport.
comcor is offline   Reply With Quote