Thread: Six-car sets
View Single Post
Unread 13-07-2008, 19:34   #40
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyb180285 View Post
The speed of service can also have a huge effect on it's frequency. I'm not saying double the entire length of the track. However, I would suggest the following. Bray-Greystones could remain single track to cut costs. This stretch takes between 10 and 15 mintues to cover. From Greystones to Arklow/Gorey/Enniscorthy could be double tracked. From here, it would remain single track as far as Rosslare Europort. If this where the case, Gorey could potentially have an hourly service where every second train would be going to and from Rosslare thereby giving it a two hourly frequency similar to Sligo. I'm not sure when the last train would leave. The last stop for all DART services would have to be Bray to give way to the more frequent Commuter and Intercity Trains. It's just a suggestion. What do you think?
Like it!!
Im sure if your a user on the line its depends on the driver, I have witnessed Wicklow to Greystones 12mins and Wicklow-Rathdrum 11min and the hilly nature from Rathdrum to Arklow took just 14mins and from Arklow-Gorey 10mins on one occasion so my take would be to add 2mins for the train to get passengers on/off and continue which is enough lets be honest as the drivers dont usually wait for after 40secs...

Just the section from Bray to Connolly gets to me every time!!! Its 13mins Bray to DunLaoghaire from there to Connolly 15mins that 30mins total I know Dart and commuter trains count Rosslare isnt a good service passenger wise but really have you ever wondered why... This line always gets neglected thats now I see it....
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote