Thread: Park By Text
View Single Post
Unread 16-01-2012, 10:12   #2
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

According to the press release in December, it isn't terribly clear if the 50 cent charge applies to ParkByText accounts or if it is just for the automatic top-up option

Quote:
Customers can also open a ParkByText account, with added benefits including:

- Shorter and simpler payment process (An account holder is only required to send a short text message to complete payment whereas an unregistered user needs to send a similar text message followed by providing their credit card details to a voicemail phone number)

- Account holders have the option to receive text messages and/or emails with updates on special parking offers and system enhancements

- Account holders can select a free option of automatic top up to their account balance ensuring that they always have funds set aside for their parking charges

A 50 cent monthly account maintenance charge applies to customers choosing this option.
I use the automatic top-up option and I have been charged 50 cent. I have avoided all other charges by paying on-line. However, the website was down one morning so I paid by text but I wasn't charged the "convenience fee". So go figure that one.

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/...w&news_id=1256
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote