View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2013, 14:46   #4
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
on drivetime last night they said they wouldnt, but thats not going to happen. it'll trundle up and down the rails all day.

barry couldnt really refute the basic point that this a disaster for the PR and Marketing dept of I.E. (headed by a Mr B. Kenny) in that they really should be aiming to fill the trains they have rather than admit defeat and cut services.

Despite all of the half hearted efforts they have employed they are in the end cutting capacity no matter how you spin it, nor what ground you are doing your spinning upon.

once you go down this road there isnt any going back either.
To be fair, the two other main transport providers in Dublin (Dublin Bus and LUAS) have cut back capacity as well. Both cut back frequency.

The reality is that the demand has fallen - IE probably should have done this sooner, but I imagine the challenge was getting a set of links together that would deliver this.

From what I gather the sets are being swapped at both Connolly and Bray, rather than being split, so if the demand is higher, it ought to be reasonably possible to retain the longer sets in service if required.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote