Thread: New Timetable
View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2009, 23:35   #59
PLUMB LOCO
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimity View Post
Well Well Well. So finally a new timetable (SUBJECT TO CHANGE of course)for Rosslare surfaces.

Have to say it is a major improvement although we were all expecting major changes anyway.

A few reservations/worries I have though:

1. Journey time between connolly-bray in most cases is way too long. Agreed.
2. The 07.32 & 18.30 to Rosslare/Wexford do not seem to have a trolley service! The existing 07.26 service to Rosslare has no trolley and I agree with you that to have catering on the 17.30 (commuter) to Wexford but not on the 18.30 is bizarre but probably done to suit Gourmet Rail!
3. How many services will be 22k operated? Hopefully just the 12.05 & 16.30 from maynooth and the 06.45 and 14.35 from Gorey/Arklow will be 2800 operated.

COLOR]

Anyone else have views on the above?
Hopefully all the inter-city services (i.e Connolly/Rosslare) will be 22000s but I wouldn't depend on it. Anyway I think calling Connolly/Wexford a 'commuter' service is pushing it given that it is taking more than 2.5 hours (!) and should be inter-city (22000s) too.

I am disappointed that few posters are concerned about the 'dicking' about with services to and from Waterford, as it really is a disaster for the route.
PLUMB LOCO is offline   Reply With Quote