Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > All stops to Thurles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-03-2007, 12:22   #1
2Funki4Wheelz

Default 12 Mar 07 7:40 Portlaoise - Dublin

After hearing repeated annoucements on the radio about IE's greatness(budget/time) with Docklands, I was at Portarlington for the 7:40 from Portlaoise.

7:51 - Cancelled due to 'failure' at Portlaoise.
Next train, the Limerick train 8:04, people for Sallins had to change trains.

A few minutes late and sat just outside Port. We also saw a late Cork train and a late (+10 mins) Galway train on the opposite side.

This Limerick train only got in at 9:10, 5 mins late and it went incredibly slowly at times, it's a really stretched journey.
Unread 12-03-2007, 21:03   #2
Derek Wheeler

For christs sake Louise, we're all trying to enjoy this brilliant day when Docklands opened. Mark got a mug, some skangers took a trip, someone else got a mug, some PIS thingys didnt work.......but it was truly marvelous. It was grand, spiffing to the point of hysteria.

.....and you come along and absolutely destroy everything with your story of hardship, truth, fact and god forbid, reality.

I need my pills. Where are my pills?
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-03-2007, 09:13   #3
2Funki4Wheelz

Sorry - it was just sour grapes that I got no mug.
Unread 13-03-2007, 11:05   #4
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

ah jaysus, please refer to people by their boards nickname only.

Since you've blown the gaff I'm really Derek Wheeler and Derek is really Mark Gleeson who is really also Mark Gleeson. (they're twins). Louise Ball is Metrobest I'm also SandraOh (part time) and at weekends im also Thomas Bibby (saturdays 11 through till 230pm) and ThomasJ ( Sunday evenings 6pm till 7.15)

Welcome to P11TV

It is now 11.01. Later on it'll be 12.15 after which, at 15.50 it'll be just in time for 10 to four. On BBC1 tonight at 10 it'll be time for a repeat of yesterday at 10 which was quite nice and I think I can hear a buzzing noise in my ear yes, the little people are dragging me away singing "here my train a coming" by Jimi Hendrix.

Later on I'll be joined inthe studio by Barry Kenny, which is nice as I didnt know he was a surgeon and how did he know I was split in half anyway.

Is this post a shameless attempt to cath up with Gleeson, god knows I even post at 2 in the morning and he's still here, you tell me. Life is a Mystery, Madonna said, and so is the Irish Rail Website.
Unread 13-03-2007, 11:14   #5
2Funki4Wheelz

Did everyone's pills get robbed? Day 5 in the P11 house and TeeJay's lost the plot....

On a brighter note I got the 7.02 out of Port today. Shame it only arrived at 7.30. I heard a passenger on the train on his mobile saying it had been announced that it was due to 'routine maintenance'. Let's do routine stuff at rush hour. Who knows what hapenned. I heard nothing but got in on time.

Lots of warm fuzzy stuff in the papers about Docklands today, with Bertie laughing at the 'naysayers'. And full-colour 1/3 ads in the nationals by IE. Good way to spend the money there.