Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > General Irish Rail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 31-07-2009, 20:44   #41
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
Been getting alot of private messages as to where I got the timetable from. Apologizes for deleting the post.

The timetable is subject to change. My mistake for uploading the timetable..

But if this timetable is to be published would it be all that bad...
I say put it up to let folks have a look, it is not as if Irish Rail will consult with their customers on how the timetable affect their daily commutes.
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2009, 21:07   #42
PLUMB LOCO
Regular Poster

Excuse me for forgetting about the platform(s) at Wexford but if this farce takes place the one passenger (me) who has been using this service will be excluded from it! I still don't understand, where was this timetable acquired from? One way or another a copy is going to the Enniscorthy Guardian office tomorrow so I would like to know its validity.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dublin%20Rosslare%20Europort[1].pdf (147.5 KB, 462 views)
PLUMB LOCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2009, 21:28   #43
Traincustomer

Default connection at O'Hanrahan Station

Just been reading your posts Plumb Loco and Thomas, fully agree - the Enniscorthy service must connect with the Waterford service at Wexford (O'Hanrahan). Attention to detail can make or break a service. As a regular user of rail and bus it's the little things that add up to making my journey un/satisfactory. Like a destination being on display and being correct. Like the saloon clock on coaches showing the correct time and saloon displays in trains being synchronised with its actual position.

So I guess the proposed 0650 ex Wexford will be the set that arrives from Limerick Junction the previous evening, with connections to/from the Europort at the Strand.

Last edited by Traincustomer : 31-07-2009 at 21:30. Reason: spelling
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2009, 21:48   #44
Traincustomer

Default Highly objectionable timetable

have just been browsing the proposed timetable and find it highly objectionable - apart from the lack of connection between the early-morning service from Enniscorthy into the Waterford train, I am frankly disgusted that the link restored to the ferry by way of the 1725 ex Connolly has been removed. Why is everything good and intrinsic to a decent service constantly being undermined. A very poor timetable to say the very least, very disappointing, is this the best our national rail undertaking can manage?
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2009, 22:18   #45
wobbles
Regular Poster

It is worth noting that none of the Monday to Friday services provide a ferry connection.

The 06.50 Wexford-Waterford does not service Rosslare Europort also ending the ferry connection. It is also worth noting the return evening service from Waterford now terminates at Rosslare Europort meaning no onward connection to Wexford and beyond.

The 0535 Rosslare-Enniscorthy will now be no use to any wheelchair users as passangers will be required to cross the footbridge at Enniscorthy.

Passangers that currently use the 07.40 from Rosslare will now have to leave Rosslare at 06.25 and wait in Wexford 30 minutes for the Dublin connection.

The new timetable is a joke.
wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2009, 22:46   #46
PLUMB LOCO
Regular Poster

A few further thoughts on the 'innovative' new timetable just received from a friend in the UK.

1 - The Waterford train leaves Wexford just before the one from Enniscorthy arrives.

2 - There is no way of getting back from Waterford to Wexford

3 - Lots of people seem to want to go to Blackrock and Lansdowne Road, but none want to come back

4 - The morning train to Waterford and Dublin leaves just before you can get off the boat

5 - The evening train to Dublin leaves just before you can get off the boat
Unread 31-07-2009, 22:51   #47
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMB LOCO View Post
A few further thoughts on the 'innovative' new timetable just received from a friend in the UK.

1 - The Waterford train leaves Wexford just before the one from Enniscorthy arrives.

2 - There is no way of getting back from Waterford to Wexford

3 - Lots of people seem to want to go to Blackrock and Lansdowne Road, but none want to come back

4 - The morning train to Waterford and Dublin leaves just before you can get off the boat

5 - The evening train to Dublin leaves just before you can get off the boat
it seems like they have given up to bus eireann without making an effort
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:11   #48
Standing Passenger
New to the board

Red face

You would'nt get it in a Simpsons plot. A friend trucks through Rosslare on a weekly basis and is forever telling me of the frustrations of foot passengers expecting to use the train service. He enjoys telling them the railway company own the Port and adds their incompetence has helped him build up a very successful road haulage business.
Standing Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 14:47   #49
Charlie Hungerford
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMB LOCO View Post
My own personal favourite is the fact that you now won't be able to get to Rosslare until after lunchtime. Good to see that CIE is opening up the route to business travellers.

Of course, the fact that the number of evening connections to Rosslare have been halved comes a close second.

Why doesn't Fearn simply apply for a closure order and be done with it? It's clearly what's he up to...
Charlie Hungerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 14:57   #50
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

The afternoon train to Maynooth not stopping between Dun Laoghaire and Pearse will not go down well.

I know a good few people who take that train home from Lansdowne.

I guess the 4.20 from Connolly to Maynooth will vanish off the timetable.
Trampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:27   #51
DangerM
Regular Poster

Wow the 05:35 will now get passengers in a whole 4 minutes earlier!

I know a lot of people work flexi hours etc but the proposed timetable doesn't even cater for those who work a standard 8 hour day. You can get in to the city centre for 8am but can't get a train home until 4:30 pm or you can get in for 8:45am but then can't get a train home until 5:30pm. It's a long enough journey without having to spend time waiting around!

The 4:40pm has been brought back to 4:30pm but if you look at the times it reaches each station you only gain the full 10mins back at the Gorey station, it's now included Dun Laoghaire as a stop.

This is a complete joke, the whole later train has just been ignored too.
DangerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 14:28   #52
ThomasJ

Looking at that new *suggested proposed timetable* we seem to be looking at times of 40-48 minutes between Bray and Connolly for most if not all services in both directions, shocking to say the least. Probably because of the new DART timetable!

It looks like after all the speculation Clockface timetables are indeed heading our way the end of the next month!
Unread 04-08-2009, 21:24   #53
paddyb180285
Regular Poster

I also notice that the 7:30 morning service from Connelly to Rosslare no longer calls at Sydney Parade, Blackrock, Dalkey or Killiney. If this is the case, could it mean the end of the direct services linking Maynooth/Drogheda with Bray? Personally, I hope it doesn't as the 9:06 and 10:36 services to Balbriggan and Drogheda respectively are very popular amongst Dalkey commuters. Additionally, the evening 17:44 Longford service is also a popular service amongst locals as I frequently see large numbers boarding this service at Dalkey.

On a more optimistic note, I will congratulate Irish Rail for filling in some of the very large gaps seperating certain services. In it's future state, the frequency passed Greystones is a big improvement to the way it was some 3 years ago. All they will need now is a later evening return service leaving town between 8 or 9 o'clock. However, I amn't so sure what would be more viable: having the train go the entire way to Rosslare; or terminating at Enniscorthy. Nevertheless, the proposed Connelly-Rosslare timetable is a massive improvement on what it is at present. While the arrival and departure of train services at Rosslare aren't exactly tied in with that of the Ferry, the improvement in frequency is a step in the right direction.
paddyb180285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 21:40   #54
KSW
Really Regular Poster

The new timetable is a step better for services side of Greystones but unfortunately between Connolly & Bray it is like ThomasJ said longer by 41-48mins. From Gorey to Bray it takes ONE HOUR (New proposed 17.55 Ross-Dub) and the others 1hr4mins which is better than the ONE HOUR & 10MINS currently.

I think the 10.40 Wexford-Dub will be a good late morning service & also the 10.30 Dub-Ross. Maybe they should put a 2car 2800 set for the 12.05 to Arklow

I am disappointed that there is no later service to Rosslare/Wexford after 18.30. I think having 3 services to Wexford in the evening will be good but I dont think people will use them as of yet. New trains might make a difference for passengers.

Hopefully IE will take note of the points mentioned out and change their proposed timetable to something a bit better but the new timetable is a step forward
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 21:45   #55
KSW
Really Regular Poster

2009 Proposed Timetable, Decided to put it back up
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dublin Rosslare Europort.pdf (147.5 KB, 405 views)
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 22:40   #56
sublimity
Really Regular Poster

Well Well Well. So finally a new timetable (SUBJECT TO CHANGE of course)for Rosslare surfaces.

Have to say it is a major improvement although we were all expecting major changes anyway.

A few reservations/worries I have though:

1. Journey time between connolly-bray in most cases is way too long.
2. The 07.32 & 18.30 to Rosslare/Wexford do not seem to have a trolley service!
3. How many services will be 22k operated? Hopefully just the 12.05 & 16.30 from maynooth and the 06.45 and 14.35 from Gorey/Arklow will be 2800 operated.

Anyone else have views on the above?
sublimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 22:51   #57
ThomasJ

I have to admit there are some suggested improvements but i am fairly taken aback by the responses to the timetable nit picking the minor things but by no means is this timetable great

First of all the commuter side. Correct me if i am wrong but most if not all [is mayo getting a later service as part of its service improvements ] other routes and stations will have a later service. I cant see any major improvements for peak hour commuters

for the intercity side the timings between connolly and bray are bad. I wont say anything on the lack of ferry connections and why on a sunday will the trolley service ONLY BE BETWEEN CONNOLLY AND BRAY ?

I could go on ...

Last edited by ThomasJ : 04-08-2009 at 22:55.
Unread 04-08-2009, 23:08   #58
sublimity
Really Regular Poster

Jee, I totally forgot about the later service issue. Yes of course there should be one. Not such a good timetable after all..

Very strange about the 'catering' between connolly and bray sundays only.

I just hope the 18.30 will have a trolley service, it's crucial.

I wonder will the 06.00 from Gorey be restored to a commuter branded train. I think it's best if it does
Unread 04-08-2009, 23:35   #59
PLUMB LOCO
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimity View Post
Well Well Well. So finally a new timetable (SUBJECT TO CHANGE of course)for Rosslare surfaces.

Have to say it is a major improvement although we were all expecting major changes anyway.

A few reservations/worries I have though:

1. Journey time between connolly-bray in most cases is way too long. Agreed.
2. The 07.32 & 18.30 to Rosslare/Wexford do not seem to have a trolley service! The existing 07.26 service to Rosslare has no trolley and I agree with you that to have catering on the 17.30 (commuter) to Wexford but not on the 18.30 is bizarre but probably done to suit Gourmet Rail!
3. How many services will be 22k operated? Hopefully just the 12.05 & 16.30 from maynooth and the 06.45 and 14.35 from Gorey/Arklow will be 2800 operated.

COLOR]

Anyone else have views on the above?
Hopefully all the inter-city services (i.e Connolly/Rosslare) will be 22000s but I wouldn't depend on it. Anyway I think calling Connolly/Wexford a 'commuter' service is pushing it given that it is taking more than 2.5 hours (!) and should be inter-city (22000s) too.

I am disappointed that few posters are concerned about the 'dicking' about with services to and from Waterford, as it really is a disaster for the route.
Unread 05-08-2009, 00:27   #60
sublimity
Really Regular Poster

[quote=PLUMB LOCO;47823] Anyway I think calling Connolly/Wexford a 'commuter' service is pushing it given that it is taking more than 2.5 hours (!) and should be inter-city (22000s) too.
[quote]

Connolly Wexford is Intercity, no doubt about it. Who called it commuter Plum Loco?

I expect all trains going to Wexford/Rosslare will be Intercity 22000's with the exception of the 16.30 ex Connolly come the 27th of September with a trolley.

The only commuter (2800/29000) trains on the line should be the 06.00 (open to debate), 06.45 ex Gorey, the 12.05 and 14.35 to/from Arklow and the 16.30 ex Connolly

Last edited by sublimity : 05-08-2009 at 09:22.