Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 29-03-2007, 11:40   #101
CSL

Probably not; the station is only there to satisfy a planning condition elsewhere and cos they got done over on putting it at Spencer Dock
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 13:49   #102
ACustomer
Really Regular Poster

I don't know whether or not some aspects of this message have been touched on elsewhere but the way in which Docklands has not been integrated into existing timetabling and ticketing seems to be disgraceful.

1. On another site which shall be nameless, there has been a complaint that neither the booking clerk at Docklands nor the TVM at Docklands can provide a ticket to Maynooth. ("Trains from here go only to Clonsilla" or words to that effect).

2. On the Irish Rail online timetable, Docklands does not appear on the list of stations in the little window which you click to pop-up. "Dublin City Centre" does, but more of this later...

3. If you enter Docklands in the manually window as opposed to using the pop-up list of stations, the timetable recognises the name and you get a list of trains, inlcuding trains to Maynooth (!! -see point 1 above).

4. Docklands-Maynooth trains all mention Coolmine as the change station. Why? (Well, at least it's not Broombridge).

5. If you try the online timetable for Maynooth to Dublin City Centre, as I did when I thought they might be using DCC as a synonym for Docklands, you get information for Maynooth-Connolly-DCC (by bus/Luas) . So Connolly is not the City Centre, then. Where is Dublin City Centre? Does such a place really exist? Is it the same as An Lar? Help!!

The more I see of Irish Rail's website, the more I despair.
ACustomer is offline   Reply With Quote