Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 27-03-2008, 12:30   #21
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

It is an offense
Quote:
23. (1) No person while upon the railway or in any vehicle shall to the annoyance of any other person or if requested not to do so by an authorised person, sing, perform on any musical or other instrument or use any gramophone, record player, tape recorder or portable wireless or television apparatus.
It is becoming increasingly annoying country wide, on train staff are hard to find, probably know and are hiding

Its always crap high pitched cheap dance music, you could of course fight back with some quality classic music, the trouble makers really hate that
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-03-2008, 13:26   #22
zag
Regular Poster

Default Drives me nuts too

I gave out to some bloke doing this last year - he had his music going all the way from Connolly through the city centre and on further.

I asked/told him to turn his music down and he came back with "It's a public train isn't it, bud ? I can listen to my music in public." I told him the rest of the public didn't want to listen to it though. I can't remember whether he turned it off straight away or not, but it went off anyway.

z
zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-03-2008, 02:57   #23
sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Talk within Irish Rail that some sections of the line beyond Maynooth may be authorised for 80-90mph, the large number of manual and farm level crossings may restricts this.
From Shannonbridge to the Westmeath/Meath border is almost totally straight track with only a few large curves most of which are in the immediate vicinity of the stations. This section would be a natural choice for some speed limit increases, though there are a few private crossings alright that would have to be dealt with. It's a bit crap through Meath though.

Last edited by sean : 28-03-2008 at 03:08.
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-03-2008, 09:46   #24
Ballymore
Regular Poster

07:26 arrived 31 minutes late in Connolly this morning. Not a good start to the week.
Unread 22-04-2008, 10:23   #25
Ballymore
Regular Poster

Did anyone else notice our brand new train on the 7:26 from Mullingar this morning was looking a little shabby? It seemed uncleaned to me anyway, papers everywhere and discarded tickets about the place as well as a shattered emergency window I noticed as the train pulled in also.
Unread 22-04-2008, 10:29   #26
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

No excuses for it not being clean

Strictly speaking it shouldn't be in service with shattered emergency window, they are only single panes of glass, non emergency ones tend to be double glazed
Unread 22-04-2008, 14:28   #27
lambo77
Regular Poster

Default Toilets

Toilets starting to look shabby too. Didnt take long
lambo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-04-2008, 14:58   #28
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post

Strictly speaking it shouldn't be in service with shattered emergency window, they are only single panes of glass, non emergency ones tend to be double glazed
There was a commuter train working yesterday with a shattered pane.
Was on it on the way into work and saw it again last night in Pearse?

Are they safe so long as it isnt the emergency window?
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-04-2008, 15:45   #29
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

If it aint the emergency one it should be ok, the emergency window glass is a different type which is designed to break if struck with a glass hammer near a corner. Its not really safe to have any window broken in any way

A average person with a glass hammer will break the hammer before the window on the normal glass, just pray you never have to get out of a Mk3 coach window

It take nothing more than a screwdriver to replace the window, tops 30 minutes
Unread 22-04-2008, 16:05   #30
Ballymore
Regular Poster

I definitely wouldnt sit near it anyway!
Unread 22-04-2008, 17:05   #31
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

I'm not sure about trains, but in buildings, with a double glazed window you will tend to have one ordinary pane and one laminated (safety) pane. The laminated pane will be on the safety conscious side for a train that will be inside.
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-04-2008, 16:58   #32
SardineFrank
New to the board

Yes i find it's normally very close to 7.26. It's very good time wise imo. It arrives at 7.26 waits a few minutes and takes off again.

The 6.48 tho... yikes. It arrives at 6.48 and is gone literally asap. You really need to be there at 6.45 just in case because obviously they have to rush it through due to congestion.

At least they try to give accurate delay warnings now... due in 5 minutes, 7 minutes etc and an honest reason. Somebody must of said something - better than what we used to get... it's due any minute now.... just another minute or so.... should be here in 5 mins... 10 mins... *train rolls in 45mins late*...

If the train is late... the train ticket should cover the bus fare.
SardineFrank is offline   Reply With Quote