Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 27-04-2008, 21:27   #21
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Like I've posted previously, any group out there let us know who you are, we are all in this together

We have a dedicated area http://www.railusers.ie/local_groups/, email details in within 24 hours page will be up

We frequently got contacted by media looking for commuters in specific places, we would love to be able to put people in contact with the right people. Frequently we can't since we haven't got your details
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-04-2008, 16:53   #22
SardineFrank
New to the board

Actually yes. A later Sligo intercity link which could then be used as the early bird the next morning (which would in turn skip everything after Maynooth)?

The commuter train they have coming from Sligo first thing that stops everywhere is a joke.

As you said the problem is demand. There is a bus to Mullingar at 11pm from Busaras but alas a season ticket for the train doesn't cover it.

You know there really should be a costing system for all of public transport and not just one service. They'd get more out of the system that way.
SardineFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 15:52   #23
lambo77
Regular Poster

Default Any update on a later Mullingar Service

Is there any indication that a 9pm to Mullingar service will be added to the 2009 timetable?
lambo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 14:00   #24
awhooley
New to the board

I have changed shifts lately, my shift starts at 4 and I finish at 11pm, due to this crazy crap transport solution we have in mullingar I have to get train to dublin and then the 11pm bus back to Mullingar!, a season ticket wont work with this, and my company dont issue Giant hop tickets under the tax saver scheme.. Looks like I have to move back to Dublin...
awhooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 18:45   #25
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhooley View Post
I have changed shifts lately, my shift starts at 4 and I finish at 11pm, due to this crazy crap transport solution we have in mullingar I have to get train to dublin and then the 11pm bus back to Mullingar!, a season ticket wont work with this, and my company dont issue Giant hop tickets under the tax saver scheme.. Looks like I have to move back to Dublin...
The act of issuing a Giant Hop, is a simple tick box on the online ordering system, its not a matter of company policy it requires the exact same overhead as ordering any ticket on the system
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 19:15   #26
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Actually I think Medium/Large/Giant hops are only available weekly and not on the taxsaver system. Anyone outside the short hop zone can get monthly/annual point-to-point tickets, although that's not useful for awhooley.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 20:37   #27
clockwork orange
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralph View Post
Actually I think Medium/Large/Giant hops are only available weekly and not on the taxsaver system. Anyone outside the short hop zone can get monthly/annual point-to-point tickets, although that's not useful for awhooley.
Correct. Its a right mess of a situation for awhooley. Maybe you'd be better off just going on the bus in and out???
clockwork orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 06:46   #28
awhooley
New to the board

Tis a mess alright... I may either take bus from now on, or try and change my shift, to suit Irish Rail's times, never mind mine
awhooley is offline   Reply With Quote