Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > All stops to Thurles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 16-10-2014, 16:48   #41
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoisfan View Post
The "driver slept it out" was intended as a joke. And also why couldn't the driver sleep it out? They are human after all. I've slept it out on a few occasions.

Any how...I think I've found the real reason as to why the 06:00 Cork to Dublin service is running late (albeit making Heuston on time).

I was told that a cross over point is being installed in Thurles.

Does anybody know if this is true? And if so, how long would something like that take?

Thanks.
Yes there is work on the southern approach to Thurles (near the old beet factory) although on its own this is unlikely to delay trains by more than a few minutes.

The new crossover will probably be installed this weekend, hence the line closure between Thurles and Limerick Junction.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-10-2014, 17:19   #42
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
the 0640 from Limerick has been 10-15min late this week at Kildare and 5-10 at Heuston. Same issue?
It shouldn't affect the 06.40 from Limerick because it would be slowing to stop at Thurles anyway and realistically would be going at the same speed as the tsr into the station. The 06.00 would be going up to 90 and could have a bigger impact but still minimal and not an acceptable excuse.

There has to be another issue and if its up to 15 mins late other services ahead should be given clearance and not held waiting like has happened every single morning this week so instead of having 1 delayed service you end up with 2 or 3. The 07.40 is the same.

If its not affecting Cork service something must be up between Limerick and the Junction.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 16-10-2014 at 17:36.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-10-2014, 14:42   #43
laoisfan
Regular Poster

The 06:00 Cork to Dublin service went through Ballybrophy 20 minutes later than normal this morning. I have no doubt it arrived "on time" into Heuston.

The 06:40 Limerick to Dublin ( 07:44 Ballybrophy) was running 15 minutes as a result. Left Ballybrophy around 08:00. Arrived at Portlaoise at roughtly 08:15.

The 08:10 was held back until the 06:40 Limerick-Dublin had left Portlaoise.
laoisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20-10-2014, 14:44   #44
laoisfan
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post

If its not affecting Cork service something must be up between Limerick and the Junction.
But the 06:00 Cork-Dublin is affected, it is running on average 10-15 minutes late each morning through Ballybrophy.

The fact it arrives in Dublin is besides the point. It's affecting other services.
Unread 21-10-2014, 08:45   #45
laoisfan
Regular Poster

Our regular station master in Ballybrophy said this morning that the 06:00 Cork-Dublin train lost time somewhere between Mallow-Charleville.