Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Cork
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 09-04-2008, 16:14   #1
Mickey H
Really Regular Poster

Default From the IE website but what has it got to do with IE?

General News
Mayfield GAA V Kiltimagh GAA Match Reviw by Corporate & E-Marketing

MAYFIELD HOLD ONTO THEIR CELEBRITY STATUS

Huge excitement surrounded Mayfield on Saturday 5th April as Celebrity Bainisteoir was back in town. A crowd of about 4,500 turned up to see the semi-final match of Celebrity Bainisteoir between Mayfield G.A.A. Club (cork) managed by Gerald Kean and Kiltimagh G.A.A. Club (Mayo) managed by 2005 Rose of Tralee Aoibhinn Ní Shuilleabhain.

Mayfield got off to a flying start kicking 2 points in the first three minutes thanks to brothers Roy and Paul Scannell. Mayfield were thrown into disarray a few mins later when Kiltimagh with their first attack of the game broke through the Mayfield defence and Ronan Malee cracked the ball into the back of the net. The same player followed this up by kicking three points all from frees over the Mayfield bar. Kiltimagh were leading 1-3 to 0-2 and seemed to be dominating in all areas of the field.

Mayfield’s period of dominance came, when they kicked 6 consecutive points against a strong wind. Mayfield headed into the dressing room leading 0-8 to 1-3.

Mayfield started the 2nd half pretty much the same as the first kicking 2 early points from Roy Scannell and Eoin Crowley. Kiltimagh responded by kicking 2 points from their ever reliable free taker Ronan Malee. The margin between the teams was only a kick of a ball.

Mayfield upped the intensity and started to grab a foothold of the game. Dan Lucey and Terry Lotty were dominating in midfield. Eoin Crowley and Terry Lotty added points for Mayfield to pull further ahead. It wasn’t until inspired substitutions Alan Kelly and Patrick “Pudge” Duggan came on with fifteen minutes left that Mayfield really started to take control of the game. These substitutions gave Mayfield the creativity they needed to open up the Kiltimagh defence and breach their goal.

Alan Kelly got the first goal, he watched a high ball all the way in and when the keeper rushed out, he flicked it over the keepers head while his own back was to goal. He then ran at the Kiltimagh defence with a lot of purpose and squared the ball for full forward Paul Condon to punch into the goal. Mayfield were well on the way to victory.

The last word went to man of the match Roy Scannell who popped over the final point of the game which brought his tally to 0-7pts for the day (all from frees).

Final score Mayfield 2-14 Kiltimagh 1-5. It was a fairly comprehensive victory in the end but the score was definitely not reflective of how tough and competitive this game was.

Mayfield now march onto the final with their Bainisteoir Gerald Kean.

Click here to go to the Mayfield G.A.A website

Celebrity Bainisteoir RTE 1 Sunday 6.30pm
Unread 09-04-2008, 16:24   #2
Prof_Vanderjuice

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/...ew&news_id=332
(although, if you're going to sponsor something, it might be a good idea to get your name into the press releases ).
Unread 09-04-2008, 16:27   #3
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Stunning lack of professionalism from Irish Rail.

Why can't we get disruption and cancellation notices with as much clarity?

Unread 09-04-2008, 16:37   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Be more worried myself as to how a company deeply in debt can afford to splash out on a sizable sponsorship deal while it can't afford to even wash its own trains
Unread 09-04-2008, 16:58   #5
Colm R
Regular Poster

Me thinks that someone working for Irish Rail in Cork is involved in the club.

Personally I do not see anything wrong with that, and company that provides sponsorship to voluntary organisations is ok in my book. I can't imagine the expense of it is very high either.
Unread 09-04-2008, 19:23   #6
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm R View Post
Me thinks that someone working for Irish Rail in Cork is involved in the club.

Personally I do not see anything wrong with that, and company that provides sponsorship to voluntary organisations is ok in my book. I can't imagine the expense of it is very high either.
I don't have any problem with Irish Rail getting involved or sponsoring the club at all nor telling everybody about it.

The problem I have is that this appears on the site with no context at all while passengers are not treated in any form to detailed accounts of delays and disruptions.
Unread 09-04-2008, 21:00   #7
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

Thumbs down

this isn't the first one of these. from 23rd Feb
:

*General News*

*Mayfield G.A.A v Crumlin G.A.A - Match Review* by Corporate & E-Marketing

*Celebrity Bainisteoir Match Review
Huge excitement surrounded Mayfield G.A.A in Lotabeg, on Sunday 17th February when Celebrity Bainisteoir came to town. From the moment the Mayfield team stepped off their luxurious coach, kitted out in their designer suits, you could see the determination and focus in each and every one of the team and management’s faces. Mayfield led by solicitor Gerald Kean and Crumlin led by Glenda Gilson were greeted onto the field by a huge applause from the 3,000 strong crowd that turned up to see the game.

Once the ceremonies were out of the way, it was down to business. The first half started at a frantic pace with tempers flaring over very early on. This showed the hunger and passion that both teams had, neither side wanted to lose this game and neither side were going to go down without a fight.
Unread 09-04-2008, 21:54   #8
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Do I get the impression its more a charity type event than a sports event?
Unread 10-04-2008, 08:45   #9
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Pity they can't spell review.

Also, is "corporate and e-marketing" the same as Corporate Communications or a new division?
Unread 10-04-2008, 10:21   #10
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Spelling changed a few minutes ago

corporate and e-marketing is probably a splinter group
Unread 29-04-2008, 16:23   #11
Baz
New to the board

Haha,
I don't know but if that was e-marketing I would be out of a job!

Also the website fails W3C standards which it is meant to reach under EU conventions on accessibility... oh well you can't win em all I suppose

... That's my IT brain working overtime...

I agree they should atleast plug themselves about 7-8 times in that article with a title such as IE Sponsored etc
Closed Thread