Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Up To Date Travel Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 22-11-2013, 07:40   #1
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Default [22/11/2013] Delays to Longford and Sligo services

https://twitter.com/IrishRail
Quote:
Iarnród Éireann ‏@IrishRail 28m

Delays to Longford and Sligo services of 20-40 mins due to level crossing fault between Edgeworthstown & Mullingar
Unread 22-11-2013, 07:53   #2
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

15 min delays to northbound Darts from Greystones to Howth. No particular reason, and Gorey train was only 5 mins late. Most other Darts and Northern suburban trains 5-10 mins late.

Last edited by Rashers : 22-11-2013 at 07:55.
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-11-2013, 08:39   #3
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashers View Post
15 min delays to northbound Darts from Greystones to Howth. No particular reason, and Gorey train was only 5 mins late. Most other Darts and Northern suburban trains 5-10 mins late.
Delays (7mins) on Kildare line as well - but thats normal.
grainne whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-11-2013, 10:08   #4
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

Smile

If it isn't 10 minutes late, then it's on time. Bit of a mess this morning but can't be helped. The PA wasn't working properly in the car I was in but I suspect it was Irish Rail trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

We're all feeling a bit sheepish turning up in work so late.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-11-2013, 11:17   #5
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
If it isn't 10 minutes late, then it's on time. Bit of a mess this morning but can't be helped. The PA wasn't working properly in the car I was in but I suspect it was Irish Rail trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

We're all feeling a bit sheepish turning up in work so late.
Maybe you are in a position to be able to turn up late (up to 10mins) for work each morning but unfortunatley most of us are not.

Last edited by grainne whale : 22-11-2013 at 11:29.
Unread 22-11-2013, 12:18   #6
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

I do find that having a sense of humour about these delays is the only real way I can cope with long-term long-distance commuting. Having been fleeced by Irish Rail for so long, this tends to work for me. But sorry, if I ticked you off with my little joke.

I tend to work on the train so it doesn't matter so much if I'm a bit late, but if a particular train is leaving you late for work every day, is there not an earlier one that works? I used to take an earlier train for the same reason but since I can work more comfortably on an ICR, getting the later train works better for both me and my employer.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-11-2013, 12:44   #7
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
I do find that having a sense of humour about these delays is the only real way I can cope with long-term long-distance commuting. Having been fleeced by Irish Rail for so long, this tends to work for me. But sorry, if I ticked you off with my little joke.

I tend to work on the train so it doesn't matter so much if I'm a bit late, but if a particular train is leaving you late for work every day, is there not an earlier one that works? I used to take an earlier train for the same reason but since I can work more comfortably on an ICR, getting the later train works better for both me and my employer.
I am a great believer in using public transport, and I use a feeder bus to get to/from the station (Hazelhatch) I could get a feeder bus to the station at 06.40, however getting up at 5am is really not an option. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is put out by IR punctuality - their idea of punctuality (10mins) is not an employers idea of punctuality. Funnily enough the feeder bus is always on time however the trains are not.

Last edited by grainne whale : 22-11-2013 at 12:54.