Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 24-10-2012, 10:39   #1
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Default Rip Off Car Parking at Hazelhatch Station

There is frequently a problem with the machines dispensing tickets at Hazelhatch Station. Several times I have put money in to the machine, and it fails to issue a ticket. You are then forced to make a phone call to the company so that they can log your car registration. This is a nice little earner for them, you pay the cost of parking and also the cost of the phone call - it is not a Lo Call number, not to mind the hassle of trying to catch you train as well. I have heard other passengers complaining that the machines fail to dispense a ticket from time to time.
grainne whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-10-2012, 12:57   #2
DangerM
Regular Poster

This happened from time to me in Wicklow too, I now use the Park by Text option, it's so much handier.
DangerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-10-2012, 13:33   #3
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

I was about to say the same - I used to get the same experience in Edgeworthstown about once a month.

I held out from using the park by text until they pushed up the cash price to a euro more than the text charge. If you pay on the internet which works with an iphone internet connection, the only fee is a 50 cent per month account maintenance fee.

So the park-by text works out cheaper if you park more than once every 2 months although you do need to pay into it in minimum 10 euro chunks.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-10-2012, 14:29   #4
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

I normally use the Feeder bus to Hazelhatch Station each morning so using the Text payment is not really an option. I very rarely park at the station and I resent paying over the odds for parking.
grainne whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21-01-2013, 11:07   #5
hoopsheff
Regular Poster

its part of their plan to get people to use the park by text solution.

I forsee the ticket machine being either way more expensive or removed altogether in the near future.
hoopsheff is offline   Reply With Quote