Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Rail Users Ireland Canteen
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 17-12-2007, 22:01   #1
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Default I'm not sure where to put this ....

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055202276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromomicon View Post
So, was having breakfast in Supermac's this morning waiting for the train. My brother and I were the only people in the place until these three lads (all mid-20s I'd say) came in and sat down. Soon after, this guy comes in and I can't tell if he's drunk or just insane, but he's pretty noisy (in his late 50s/early 60s I'd imagine). So he orders his food, then sits down on the table behind the three lads who had just come in. He then proceeds to spit on the ground, and start talking to himself.

So I tried to ignore him and enjoy my breakfast. Next time I turned around, the young lads were exchanging comments with crazy guy. Nothing serious. I stopped paying attention, and suddenly I just saw the guys get out of their table and bolt straight out the door. The old guy got up and followed them. It was a complete WTF moment, because it was 3 against 1, and I wondered to myself what he could've said to intimidate them.

Went on with my breakfast, and next thing the old guy comes back in, with one of the lads who ran out behind him, absolutely incensed, hurling abuse at him. He was absolutely livid. The old guy sat back down and didn't look at all bothered that the young guy was about to kill him. When I found out what he had done, I understood what the guy was so angry about and why he had ran out the door - the old guy had pulled a fake gun on them!

When they came back in there were a couple of security guys who reached into the old guy's pocket and pulled out the gun. My heart skipped a couple of beats because it looked really convincing. Anyway, the guy who had been shouting at the old fella had to be restrained, at one point he picked up a chair and I thought he was going to hurl it at him. Eventually his friends brought him out, and later we saw the old guy being led away by the Gardai.

Felt sorry for the guys, to have a gun pulled on you and as far as you're concerned it's real. Creepy.

Anyone hear about this? I wonder what happened to the guy, is it an arrestable offence to carry around a fake gun or would they have just confiscated it and told him to feck off?
Colm Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-12-2007, 22:17   #2
Derek Wheeler

Its not an offence to carry a fake gun, but it is an offence to take it out in public and use it in what can be deemed a threatening manner.

Maybe the food in Supermacs was very poor that morning.
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17-12-2007, 23:26   #3
packetswitch

Aye, I was just about to say that. I had a dreadful cheeseburger there about ten days ago. But I just, in the great Irish tradition, said nothing and got my train.

This story tells us though, as the Tayto ad tell us, there's always one.
packetswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18-12-2007, 12:05   #4
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

so that's what happned to the driver of the 18.00 to Cork.............