Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > General Irish Rail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 31-07-2008, 09:08   #1
drowned_in_sound
New to the board
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12
Default Annual Taxsaver ticket not validating

hi folks, has anyone else had problems validating their Annual taxsaver ticket at machines lately ? mine has stopped working this week so i'm just wondering if i need to get it replaced. I've noticed at least one machine left open at Grand Canal dock in the evening, so perhaps it's happening to other ticket holders.
drowned_in_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2008, 09:37   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer
 
Mark Gleeson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Coach C, Seat 33
Posts: 12,634
Default

Ask at the booking office for the annual ticket replacement form

Fill it in, the form has a field where you specify the station you wish to collect the replacement ticket at

About a week later, go to the booking office you choose and swap the old for new.

This only applies if it is a Irish Rail issued annual ticket, otherwise its a trip to Dublin Bus HQ
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2008, 09:37   #3
Mark Hennessy
Membership Officer
 
Mark Hennessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maynooth
Posts: 1,116
Default

Is it the DB one (no picture?) or the Irish Rail one with your photo embedded on the ticket?

I'm certain you can get them replaced for free if they are faulty but if it is the DB one you may have to go back to the DB office on O'Connell St. to do it.
Mark Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2008, 10:19   #4
robdrysdale
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hennessy View Post
Is it the DB one (no picture?) or the Irish Rail one with your photo embedded on the ticket?

I'm certain you can get them replaced for free if they are faulty but if it is the DB one you may have to go back to the DB office on O'Connell St. to do it.
Yes you can get them replaced for free if the break. I'm on ticket number 3 since January. It's always a dodgy validator on Dublin Bus that breaks them. As said if it's Dublin Bus go to O'Connell St office. If it's Irish Rail you can follow Mark's advice, although being without ticket for a week would be a costly pain, or pop into the CIE office on Abbey Street. There's a phone on the first counter that you just pick up and it rings through to the Annual Ticket office. They'll ask you to fill in the form, which you do. About 10 mins later someone arrives down and hands you a new ticket in exchange for you old one.
robdrysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2008, 10:31   #5
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer
 
Mark Gleeson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Coach C, Seat 33
Posts: 12,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdrysdale View Post
If it's Irish Rail you can follow Mark's advice, although being without ticket for a week would be a costly pain, or pop into the CIE office on Abbey Street. There's a phone on the first counter that you just pick up and it rings through to the Annual Ticket office. They'll ask you to fill in the form, which you do. About 10 mins later someone arrives down and hands you a new ticket in exchange for you old one.
If you fill in the form at your local station, you retain the defective ticket until the new one arrives in. Not perfect but the defective ticket is still valid for travel, not everyone can get to Abbey Street and to be fair a lot of us avoid the place due to the appalling service received in the past
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2008, 10:44   #6
drowned_in_sound
New to the board
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12
Default

thanks for the feedback folks, it's an Irish rail ticket with the mugshot embedded. I'll fill in the replacement form and see what happens.
drowned_in_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-07-2008, 10:46   #7
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer
 
Mark Gleeson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Coach C, Seat 33
Posts: 12,634
Default

The form exists, though its existence may be denied

We would appreciate a scan of the form if you succeed in getting one
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:30   #8
MOH
Really Regular Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdrysdale View Post
Yes you can get them replaced for free if the break. I'm on ticket number 3 since January. It's always a dodgy validator on Dublin Bus that breaks them. As said if it's Dublin Bus go to O'Connell St office. If it's Irish Rail you can follow Mark's advice, although being without ticket for a week would be a costly pain, or pop into the CIE office on Abbey Street. There's a phone on the first counter that you just pick up and it rings through to the Annual Ticket office. They'll ask you to fill in the form, which you do. About 10 mins later someone arrives down and hands you a new ticket in exchange for you old one.

Gf's ticket failed recently for the second time in a month. Irish Rail insisted it was a dodgy bus validator that had done it, despite the fact she hadn't used it anywhere apart from Dart stations in the week before it failed.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-09-2008, 20:28   #9
Becky
New to the board
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
Default

Thanks Mark
My annual failed again thought I would have to be making the 5th skipped lunch route into Abbey St because according to Mr "I dont know" at Booterstown he wasnt touching my damaged card kept saying his mantra of go into Abbey St at least now I have some proof he can take my form and I can collect new ticket and give him the old one, if he doesnt act on my completed damaged ticket form I can complain
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-09-2008, 21:34   #10
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer
 
Mark Gleeson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Coach C, Seat 33
Posts: 12,634
Default

We have never seen this form.

However when the exit gates went in at Grand Canal Dock, staff sent down to look after it for the first few weeks spoke of this magic form and procedure. It seems perfectly logical really

If you travel through Pearse the DART section has an office, door next to the southbound turnstiles, go upstairs. If they don't have it no one will. If you want to 'release' a bit of frustration go right ahead when you get face to face
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.