Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-09-2011, 01:14   #1
Destructix
Really Regular Poster

Default Thurles-Clonmel via Limerick Junction

Thinking of ways to get to Clonmel later today only option really is i got to drive there. By rail its €33 i think and a really bad timetable.

I really don't get how it would cost me more from Thurles-Clonmel than Thurles-Limerick given the very poor service (just 3 trains there 3 trains back, a day) and less distance it is

I would imagine a commuter service direct from Thurles-Tipperary Town-Cahir-Clonmel would be very popular given the amount of people who travel by bus/car between the towns. I think 3 trains to Waterford 3 trains to Limerick Junction a day for a town the size of Clonmel is madness, a town that size should have a comprehensive train service like Thurles and Portlaoise.

Intercity trains should be used on that line too connecting Thurles Templemore etc to Plunkett Waterford. Seems crazy they aint implemented a service like this. A number of people in Thurles get on buses to Clonmel and then on to Waterford too so they wont exactly be stuck for customers. Apart from Dublin-Cork it seems every other line which has potential to make money in this country the service is a joke.