Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-05-2009, 20:31   #1
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Arrow 13.05 Dublin/Rosslare (Best Service) Do You Agree?

Congratulations to Iarnrod Eireann on this service. It is without doubt the fastest and the best InterCity like service. It has the highest priority out of the 3daily services to Rosslare. The last DART train leaves @12.45 to Bray which gives 20minutes to the Rosslare train service not crawling to Dun Laoghaire and on to Bray. Total time from Pearse to Dun Laoghaire was 10mins & Bray 14mins giving Connolly-Bray 29mins.The train departs Wicklow @14.07 and has to travel to Arklow for the meeting of the up train ex Rosslare and at the same time there is a train which departs Gorey @14.10 arriving into Arklow @14.25 at that time the 13.05 ex Connolly would have departed Rathdrum @14.20 and literally flyies to Arklow giving it 13-15minsarriving @14.35 then departs Arklow for Gorey the meeting of the 14.48 ex Gorey to Maynooth @14.37 and arrives BANG ON TIME. Passengers who make the journey daily will know from experenice the Rosslare line is called DAMM SLOW & LAZY but the 13.05 is without doubt the exception. All Rosslare services should be an example of the 13.05 service.

Last edited by KSW : 03-05-2009 at 20:49.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 10:13   #2
PLUMB LOCO
Regular Poster

Did I miss something or is it April 1st? What on earth is there to congratulate IE about on this service. Is it the grotty 'commuter' railcars? Is it the non-existent dining car? Is it the lack of Fastrack? Is it the inter-connecting doors that need Charles Atlas to open them? Is it the frequently out of order toilets? Is it the fact that the train takes nearly 3 hours to reach the Third World station at Rosslare? Whoopee for Iarnrod Eireann!!
PLUMB LOCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 21:34   #3
sublimity
Really Regular Poster

I have to agree with you on all those points. Leaving aside the time issue, the facilities for the journey are appalling, but they will considerably improve when the 22ks fully take over from those glorified darts (whenever that will be!) Don't think the Rosslare line will ever get a dining carriage though-just the trolley.

Looks like the 13:05 will be forwarded to 13:30/35 for the new timetable btw
sublimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 22:48   #4
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMB LOCO View Post
Did I miss something or is it April 1st? What on earth is there to congratulate IE about on this service. Is it the grotty 'commuter' railcars? Is it the non-existent dining car? Is it the lack of Fastrack? Is it the inter-connecting doors that need Charles Atlas to open them? Is it the frequently out of order toilets? Is it the fact that the train takes nearly 3 hours to reach the Third World station at Rosslare? Whoopee for Iarnrod Eireann!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimity View Post
I have to agree with you on all those points. Leaving aside the time issue, the facilities for the journey are appalling, but they will considerably improve when the 22ks fully take over from those glorified darts (whenever that will be!) Don't think the Rosslare line will ever get a dining carriage though-just the trolley.

Looks like the 13:05 will be forwarded to 13:30/35 for the new timetable btw
Believe me I hate those Commuter like DART trains on the line to. I hate the length of time it takes and I hate that IE are going back to the old 13.30/35 way just change every single detail including the timetable for this line.

We are the customers who use the train every weekend shouldn't we have a say in the way the new timetable is going to be. They should ask the public more often especially for this line. If they asked me I would say I hate every detail of the trains and the slow-ness between not just Connolly/Bray but also it depends on the driver you get as wired as that sounds.

IE should have a new approach for the line have 3services to Rosslare, 2 to Wexford (Which I hope they will do) and 2 to Gorey. Have the timetable not 13.35 or 18.35 but 13.10 and 19.10 something that looks new and looks faster on paper and reality.

I am against everything on this line but that 13.05 service should be an example for InterCity like standard.
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:15   #5
sublimity
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
I am against everything on this line but that 13.05 service should be an example for InterCity like standard.
Yes but some stops should be cut - (Tara, Pearse & Dun Laoghaire) - as this is not a peak time service. First stop should definitely be Bray for this service.
sublimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:45   #6
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimity View Post
Yes but some stops should be cut - (Tara, Pearse & Dun Laoghaire) - as this is not a peak time service. First stop should definitely be Bray for this service.
You see my thoughts exactly. I didn't mention this because I wanted someone to mention this point. Dublin right through to Bray not Tara Street/Pearse/Dun Laoghaire but as Mark Glesson mentioned on another thread that Pearse Station will be included for the interconnector BUT that will take another few years so take Tara & Pearse/Dun Laoghaire OFF ROSSLARE STOPS.