Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Belfast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-01-2017, 23:38   #261
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
AFAIK the seats are the same old seats just new covering and padding on them.

they were once very dark/90's contemportary inside, they must have gone the other way now.

i enjoyed the DD's more than any other train in the fleet back in the day. I find there is a seat lottery on ICR's now, the board bewteen the frame and your backside can move out of position and within 10 mins you can be uncomfortably numb (if you draw the unlucky seat).
I don't use it often but I make off the new seat material has raised them up significantly since the refub. Lighting is a little bright particularly when it's dark outside.

Overall the ride quality was good however hard to judge considering they only go a max of 80mph.

Best thing is the seat reservation system displaying if seats are free or not. I know the Mark IV also have it but it's switched off. Meanwhile the ICR system has only marginally improved as we enter the 10th year of ICR operations!
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2017, 08:09   #262
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Maximum line speed is 90 mph, mind you current schedules could be achieved without much exceeding 60 mph !

It is common for some Enterprise services to linger in Drogheda or Dundalk for up to 13 minutes waiting for time. Other services almost never run on time, notably the 0735 and 1850 from Dublin and the 0645, 1035, 1235 and 2005 from Belfast. This is due primarily to the fantasy Irish Rail timetable introduced last April.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote