Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-06-2009, 12:40   #1
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Arrow WILL THERE BE ENOUGH NEW 22K TRAINS TO OPERATE ROSSLARE?

Something occurred to me today, With all the Mk3 sets I think out of service unless my information is wrong will there be enough new 22000 railcars to operate the Rosslare line whenever the new timetable is published. I read that IE have ordered an extra 51 22k Railcars and will be delivered in 2011 bringing the new 22k total of 234.

Will the FIVE Rosslare services and indeed Gorey services be covered by the new 22k train ?
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 13:49   #2
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
will there be enough new 22000 railcars to operate the Rosslare line whenever the new timetable is published.
New paper timetables were issued, extending the timetable indefinitely.

Although, I didn't see one for the Rosslare line - keep the fingers crossed.
Unread 11-06-2009, 19:37   #3
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
Something occurred to me today, With all the Mk3 sets I think out of service unless my information is wrong will there be enough new 22000 railcars to operate the Rosslare line whenever the new timetable is published. I read that IE have ordered an extra 51 22k Railcars and will be delivered in 2011 bringing the new 22k total of 234.

Will the FIVE Rosslare services and indeed Gorey services be covered by the new 22k train ?
There are still 4 6-piece units to be deployed and with only one or two Mk3 sets left in service there should be sufficient 22Ks to cover the Rosslare service.
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 21:35   #4
wobbles
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilocharlie View Post
There are still 4 6-piece units to be deployed and with only one or two Mk3 sets left in service there should be sufficient 22Ks to cover the Rosslare service.
There will be 22Ks on four of the five Rosslare services One round trip will still 28 operated. The current 1135 Gorey will also be 28 operated.
wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 04:52   #5
Graham W
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbles View Post
There will be 22Ks on four of the five Rosslare services One round trip will still 28 operated. The current 1135 Gorey will also be 28 operated.
Hi Wobbles,

May I ask why is there going to be 1 service that will still be 28 operated? Do you think this will be only temporary and eventually all 5 will be 22k at some stage.

And also are you certain there will be 5 trains to wexford/rosslare mon -sat?
Graham W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 13:05   #6
wobbles
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham W View Post
Hi Wobbles,

May I ask why is there going to be 1 service that will still be 28 operated? Do you think this will be only temporary and eventually all 5 will be 22k at some stage.

And also are you certain there will be 5 trains to wexford/rosslare mon -sat?
The 28 operated service will be the 0535 from Rosslare in the morning and the 1725 which will operate to Rosslare from the timetable change.

These services can very busy so it is wise to retain six carriage 2800 class on these services. All 22K services will be operated by three carriage sets due to platform restrictions so untill the 22K are fitted with SDO the 2800 class will continue to operate to Rosslare.
wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-06-2009, 12:59   #7
Graham W
New to the board

Thanks wobbles.
Hope the Rosslare changes will happen very soon!
Graham W is offline   Reply With Quote