Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-06-2009, 13:39   #1
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Default Railcard

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/...ew&news_id=338

Quote:
General News

Our New 16-25 Railcard by Marketing Department

Iarnród Éireann is pleased to announce the launch of its new 16-25 Railcard. The 16-25 Railcard is only available to 16-25 year old persons and replaces the Faircard brand.

Holders of the 16-25 Railcard are entitled to substantial discounts off the regular Adult fare on presentation of their valid Railcard ID Card at time of purchasing their rail ticket.

* Completed application forms must be accompanied by a copy of photo ID (either a Driving Licence, Passport or Garda Age Card), two passport sized photographs and payment of €10.00. Application forms should be posted to Iarnród Éireann, C/o 15 Porters Avenue, Coolmine Industrial Estate, Dublin 15.
* Alternatively, a scanned copy of completed application forms together with a digital photo and copies of required photo ID may be emailed with payment details to: registrations@railcard-css.com

The 16-25 Railcard must be available for inspection when travelling on a discounted Railcard rail ticket. A customer who fails to produce their 16–25 Railcard at time of purchase will be liable to pay the appropriate fare and any subsequent application for a refund will not be considered.

16-25 Railcard is only valid for 1 year to expiry date shown on card.

To download a 16-25 Railcard Application Form click here
Basically just a rebranding of the Faircard which is harder to apply for. Also in this day and age it's foolhardy (at best) to be suggesting people send credit card details by email.
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009, 13:45   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

The application form appeared earlier in the week, it is the exact same as the faircard of old

The only upshot is with the card issued centrally they are traceable like the student travelcard (its the same issuing company) that the TVM's will be able to issue faircard tickets
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009, 14:56   #3
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

They could have TVMs issue faircard tickets now if they wanted; all that you do for the student card is type in the ID number (you don't have to swipe the card).
Unread 09-06-2009, 11:24   #4
ACustomer
Really Regular Poster

The marketing of the new card seems to be deficient to say the least. While there is no problem in getting information on Terms and Conditions, there is nothing that I can see on the actual fares being offered. If I were young enough, I think I would need to have a better idea of what I get before parting with my precious €10.
ACustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 11:27   #5
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACustomer View Post
The marketing of the new card seems to be deficient to say the least. While there is no problem in getting information on Terms and Conditions, there is nothing that I can see on the actual fares being offered. If I were young enough, I think I would need to have a better idea of what I get before parting with my precious €10.
And you can't ask the TVM...
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 15:09   #6
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Indeed. And faircard tickets are more expensive than adult tickets on several routes if you're returning the same day, they're not available for cross-border journeys, etc.