Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 13-07-2008, 20:05   #41
ThomasJ

What is rumoured to be happening is fixed frequencies of every ten peak and fifteen off peak dart services with commuter and intercity services fitting in around it. Should be interesting.

Might be good news for maynooth passengers with possibly an extra peak service for two departing pearse

Last edited by ThomasJ : 13-07-2008 at 20:27.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-07-2008, 20:27   #42
paddyb180285
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
What is rumoured to be happening is fixed frequencies of every ten peak and fifteen off peak dart services with commuter and dart services fitting in around it. Should be interesting.

Might be good news for maynooth passengers with possibly an extra peak service for two departing pearse
ThomasJ, what do you think the implications will be for the likes of Blackrock, Dun Laoghaire or Dalkey? I wonder if this will mean more or less frequent trains for these stations.
paddyb180285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-07-2008, 20:32   #43
ThomasJ

Paddy i reckon that if it is true it is good news because you would have to rely less on timetables again and could arrive in the station and expect [note i said expect] to see a dart in ten or fifteen minutes depending on the time of day

But getting back on topic the point i am making here is the impact this possible move will have on east south east services

Last edited by ThomasJ : 13-07-2008 at 20:35.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-07-2008, 20:52   #44
paddyb180285
Regular Poster

Do you think it will have a positive or a negative impact on services from Gorey or Rosslare? If it is positive, I hope that they increase the frequency of service and make use of the 22K fleet. Certainly to Rosslare anyway.
paddyb180285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-07-2008, 23:03   #45
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

this thread is getting out of hand.

firstly, forget about two tracking the rosslare line, the money isnt there and the costs are vast for very little return.

secondly, mark3's are being deliberatly run down and you'd only get them for a short while before you get the 22'ks. as mark says they wont fit and there are other reasons why it wont work.

thirdly, clockface DART may happen, it may not, but the aim of the company is to have clockface on all intercity services. this can only help customers.

the rosslare line is very lucky to still be in exsitance, not that we advocate its being abolished. however, it would be hypocritical to object to a wate of money in the west and advocate almost as equal waste in the east with double tracking and the like. the 22k will accellerate from a standing start very quickly and will deal with the hills a lot better then a 201 or a 071. 22k's arent the be all and end all anyway, as i've said many times and 99% of my journeys are on them these days.

you just have to be patient.

by the way, usual infractructure rules still apply..........
Unread 14-07-2008, 18:42   #46
sublimity
Really Regular Poster

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
MK3's on Rosslare no way!!.... That doesnt happen
There is a GAA special this sunday July 20 departing wexford at 10:20. Could be a mk3 or a 22k. Keep your eyes peeled
sublimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-07-2008, 12:16   #47
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSW View Post
thanks for that . I will do
Are you going to go on it?

never mind, this thread is dead, baby.