Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Belfast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 25-10-2009, 13:56   #1
tigger1962

Default Things I'll miss when malahide reopens

getting into connolly up to 15 minutes earlier in the morning because the bus is faster from drogheda

the 09.10 enterprise from Dundalk!! Its a pity the stop couldn't be extended! It meant on days I missed the 8am enterprise I didn't have to wait for the 9.55 slow train to connolly.

Of course the one thing I wont miss is the reverse journey and getting home later...

Roll on the 16th November... It'll be interesting to see how many passengers return to the train.
tigger1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-10-2009, 09:15   #2
coffeedrinker
New to the board

Having to get up earlier to get an earlier bus to make up for the fact I mite have to wait for 20 mins in connolly for a dart in the mornings

Having to stand for half my journey on a packed dart when I would have had a seat on the train

Dirty smelly uncomfortable buses with no leg room whatsoever

Waiting ages to get off the bus while everyone blocks the aisle putting on coats / jackets and getting stuff out of the overhead bins

Traffic jams on the M1

Missing buses in Connolly in the evening and having to wait ages cos the Dart was running late

Bus being involved in crash on the M1 - only happened once thank god!

Buses where lights aren't working so you can't read so have to sit there doing nothing, can't sleep cos the seats are too uncomfortable

Bus drivers who turn the heat on full blast when its not cold, no windows to open and Air Conditioning not working

Mad driving by mad drivers

Roll on the 16th November
coffeedrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2009, 02:15   #3
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeedrinker View Post
Dirty smelly uncomfortable buses with no leg room whatsoever

Bus drivers who turn the heat on full blast when its not cold, no windows to open and Air Conditioning not working
Complain!
Unread 02-11-2009, 17:22   #4
tigger1962

hmmm I must have been lucky bus wise... there was one rather smelly one but in general they've had legroom. I do find them cramped though compared to the enterprise! mind you some of those comments on the airconditioning could be the enterprise too!!!
tigger1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 08:43   #5
coffeedrinker
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Complain!
The driver can't do much about the legroom - he's not going to take a few seats off the bus before the bus takes off A few of the buses have sufficient legroom but some of them must have been made for vertically challenged people.........

Can't really complain to the driver about the air conditioning / lights or heat when the bus is hurtling along the motorway at 120kpm (or probably more sometimes!) if you're sitting down at the back of the bus. You're not supposed to distract a driver - don't want to be the cause of another one of the replacement buses being involved in a crash!! Most of the time the driver isn't on the bus when you are getting on so you can't say it then either.

Regards dirty smelly buses, can't really see them taking the bus out of service, it would be more like tough get off the bus if you don't like it......not an option when its the last bus leaving for a while!!!
coffeedrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 09:07   #6
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Given the tax payer is paying for the bus, if its not up to scratch complain to the station manager in Dundalk or Drogheda, they will and have in the past stopped doing business with certain operators due to reports of poor standards and poor driver behaviour
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote