Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-11-2012, 21:59   #1
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Default 13.45 Dublin Connolly Rosslare

First time I've traveled on the train for over a year. I got it so wrong in Dublin thinking there was a bus to Gorey at 13.30 so I took the train instead. I bought my single way ticket for €18.50 single way I was completely shocked is this the price for a single ticket to Gorey nowadays. The train was three carriages with no PA onboard it took 1hr45mins to get to Gorey I was shocked as the bus takes 1h(-)20mins @€14.00 single way. The train left Connolly exactly 13.45 but crawled the entire way to Sandymount level crossing from there to Dun Laoghaire just 3mins was very impressed by that.The train just felt so long than the bus today when I first sat in the seats I was shocked at how low and uncomfortable they are versus the bus. The seats are shocking they don't even pull back instead in that one concrete position. Just a really long journey am I paying the extra €4.50 for the extra length of the journey or what ) I couldn't get comfortable in those seats for the life of me today I don't get why people use the train on this line.. I would love to ask will there be improvements on this line but I really can't see how unless the Cork MIV cork takes the line with its comfort.... Any improvements on speed or even knowing where I am.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote