Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > All stops to Thurles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 22-01-2013, 13:30   #21
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
If it left at 17.15 it woild have a longer wait until the other services pass it.

Extra carrages not the only service that needs them. Im sure they realise it soon.
As I said earlier, those trains serve more or less the same stations from Hazelhatch outwards, (as the 17.20pm). Passengers using Park West, Clondalkin, Adamstown and travelling past Hazelhatch are not catered for either. Passengers alighting at Celbridge are also fed up with the journey time of 30mins already

Last edited by grainne whale : 22-01-2013 at 15:31.
grainne whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-01-2013, 15:03   #22
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

17:25, 17:30, 17:35 all run non stop to at least Sallins

What the folks going to Newbridge, Kildare and Sallins don't realise is that they are on the wrong train, they shouldn't be on the 17:20 as it gets overtaken by the following trains
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22-01-2013, 15:30   #23
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
17:25, 17:30, 17:35 all run non stop to at least Sallins

What the folks going to Newbridge, Kildare and Sallins don't realise is that they are on the wrong train, they shouldn't be on the 17:20 as it gets overtaken by the following trains
Probably get on at Parkwest and Clondalkin, and then miss out on a connection at Newbridge etc.
Unread 22-01-2013, 16:15   #24
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Those going beyond Hazelhatch are sitting on an all stops to Portlaoise service
Unread 22-01-2013, 16:28   #25
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Those going beyond Hazelhatch are sitting on an all stops to Portlaoise service
Yep, they managed to get seats then when we all (well a lot of us) piled off at Hazelhatch.
Unread 22-01-2013, 16:38   #26
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

The Newbridge/Kildare/Sallins/Portarlington/Portlaoise commuters will quickly learn not to get the 17:20 as its faster on other services leaving later.

There is plenty room to go around its just commuters are not following the journey planners fastest journey option
Unread 23-01-2013, 10:13   #27
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
The Newbridge/Kildare/Sallins/Portarlington/Portlaoise commuters will quickly learn not to get the 17:20 as its faster on other services leaving later.

There is plenty room to go around its just commuters are not following the journey planners fastest journey option
And I would prefer to spend the time in my office rather than sit on a train for that length of time 'in the middle of nowhere'.
Unread 30-01-2013, 11:05   #28
hoopsheff
Regular Poster

i used to get the 7.42am from HHatch (this is now gone) & 6.05 from Heuston home (this is also now gone). Alternatives take longer to do the same journey (seems to be a common complaing on this thread) and are overfull.

Since the timetable change I've noticed that it is now taking roughly the same time to get in to work/home using 67x. The difference is that the 67x runs at more suitable times. I no longer see me using the train because of this (bus is much cheaper!)

Theres the old phrase "Build it and they will come"....well IR you also need to provide a Service too.

So much for IR going to offer a commuter service as far as HHatch.

Also why does it cost more to get to the city centre with IR/bus combo from HHatch than it does from Maynooth/Leixlip (a longer journey). Seems unreasonable
hoopsheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-01-2013, 11:44   #29
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsheff View Post
i used to get the 7.42am from HHatch (this is now gone) & 6.05 from Heuston home (this is also now gone). Alternatives take longer to do the same journey (seems to be a common complaing on this thread) and are overfull.
18:10 from Heuston still calls at Hazelhatch and there is a 17:55 and 18:25 option
Unread 30-01-2013, 11:50   #30
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsheff View Post

Since the timetable change I've noticed that it is now taking roughly the same time to get in to work/home using 67x. The difference is that the 67x runs at more suitable times. I no longer see me using the train because of this (bus is much cheaper!)

Theres the old phrase "Build it and they will come"....well IR you also need to provide a Service too.

So much for IR going to offer a commuter service as far as HHatch.

Also why does it cost more to get to the city centre with IR/bus combo from HHatch than it does from Maynooth/Leixlip (a longer journey). Seems unreasonable
The impression that I get is that Irish Rail have downgraded the Commuter Service between Hazelhatch/Celbridge and Heuston,ie: many cuts at peak times. We have lost 3 trains in the morning between 8am and 9.10am. To be honest for this commute Dublin Bus is the better option at the moment.

Last edited by grainne whale : 30-01-2013 at 12:08.
Unread 30-01-2013, 12:04   #31
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
Having a service that leaves 5 minutes lather and you are not happy?

BTW 18.10 is scheduled to take the same time as the 18.05 so might be an idea to check the timetable before posting.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-01-2013, 12:21   #32
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Smile

Quote:

BTW 18.10 is scheduled to take the same time as the 18.05 so might be an idea to check the timetable before posting.
But there's no Feeder Bus to meet that train. Celbridge/Hazelhatch Station is approx 1.5 miles from Celbridge Village and many people (including myself) depend on the Feeder Bus. In the 'old timetable' the Feeder Bus did serve the 18.05pm train. The Feeder Bus serves the train departing Heuston at 17.55pm, this might not suit everyone. Jamie, people are not thick.
Unread 30-01-2013, 12:25   #33
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grainne whale View Post
But there's no Feeder Bus to meet that train. Celbridge/Hazelhatch Station is approx 1.5 miles from Celbridge Village and many people (including myself) depend on the Feeder Bus. In the 'old timetable' the Feeder Bus did serve the 18.05pm train. The Feeder Bus serves the train departing Heuston at 17.55pm, this might not suit everyone. Jamie, people are not thick.
According to the PDF timetable the feeder bus for the 17.55 and 18.10 services departs at 18.40 so there is a bus service.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30-01-2013, 12:38   #34
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
According to the PDF timetable the feeder bus for the 17.55 and 18.10 services departs at 18.40 so there is a bus service.
That New Timetable should be renamed 'The Fairy Tales of Ireland' as regards the the Feeder Bus serving Celbridge/Hazelhatch Station - it's not correct, believe me. The lady who operates the service has the correct times displayed in the coach. I phoned Irish Rail about the bus connections - they told me that 'they would not know the times (Feeder Bus) until the Friday 19th', and the new timetable was starting on Monday 21st, at this stage the new Timetables had been printed.
The times departing the station (Hazlehatch) are 17.49pm, and 18.16pm, that 18.40pm bus does not run, many people were caught out the first day of the new timetable, when they arrived off the 18.10pm train. It's not surprising then that many commuters find Dublin Bus a better option, that service will leave passengers in Celbridge itself.

Last edited by grainne whale : 30-01-2013 at 13:27.
Unread 30-01-2013, 20:29   #35
longword
Regular Poster

I asked in Heuston on the Friday before the change for a timetable covering Park West. I was told they wouldn't have printed timetables until Saturday 19th. Asked again the following week, I was told the ones they had printed were incorrect, but the staff gave me a hand edited copy of what they had. Schedules were finally on the shelf late last week but listing at least one service that doesn't exist (according to the journey planner and my hand edited copy).
longword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31-01-2013, 10:58   #36
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

We have started a discussion with Irish Rail concerning the availability of information of the Hazelhatch bus and other bus connections on the Kildare line.

Needless to say the first response was, what bus?
Unread 31-01-2013, 11:18   #37
grainne whale
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
We have started a discussion with Irish Rail concerning the availability of information of the Hazelhatch bus and other bus connections on the Kildare line.

Needless to say the first response was, what bus?
IR should get in touch with Sharon Birchall who provides an excellent service (Feeder Bus) - both efficient and on time, which is more than be said for the train service at the moment. Unfortunately this Feeder Bus does not connect with every train.
Unread 31-01-2013, 12:04   #38
hoopsheff
Regular Poster

Quote:
18:10 from Heuston still calls at Hazelhatch and there is a 17:55 and 18:25 option

Hi Mark

The 17.55 is a non runner as i cant make it from work for that. There is a feeder bus for this train.

18.10 service, while i can make this, there is no feeder bus for this service. Added to the fact that getting the 67x that I get (about 5.30) gets to Celbridge at the same time and the bus ticket is cheaper means that its a more sensible choice.

Quote:

Jamie, I'd suggest that you check the timetable. The 18.10 train was an existing service. It makes a couple of stops before HHatch, whereas 18.05 only made 1 stop. 18.10 does not take the same time as the 18.05 used to. As Grainne Whale mentioned there is no feeder bus for this train. So it now takes approximately 20 mins longer (once I powerwalk from the train station) than before the timetable change.

The feeder bus serves the 17:55 and 18.25 trains (departs station at 18.50). Unless an additional bus is put on, they cant serve the trains in between.

I wouldnt mind so much but the 2 trains I used to take still pass through Hazelhatch so why no longer stop?? I for one wont be renewing my annual ticket for this service.

Last edited by hoopsheff : 31-01-2013 at 12:08.
Unread 31-01-2013, 12:09   #39
hoopsheff
Regular Poster

IR had planned that HHatch would be the starting point for all DARTS to city centre and then onwards to Balbriggan. Maynooth was to be the same for DARTS to Dun Laoire /Greystones.

I guess that plans gone out the window then
Unread 31-01-2013, 16:17   #40
karlr42

Not unless you have €2.6 billion + the costs of electrification and a new DART fleet down the back of your couch or something.

"DART Underground around €2.6 billion excluding the electrification works on the Maynooth/Kildare/Northern lines and other ancillary works and rolling stock"

http://per.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads...nt-2012-16.pdf
karlr42 is offline   Reply With Quote