Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 24-06-2009, 10:20   #1
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

Default Dublin vs Westmeath

We will have the secret trains running again or will IR inform the public this time.
Trampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-06-2009, 10:24   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

If they do run the times will be

http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showpo...4&postcount=10
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24-06-2009, 20:12   #3
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

http://www.irishrail.ie/home/
Quote:
Dublin V Westmeath €10 Day Return Promotion ~ Read More

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=454
Quote:
Now Extended until August 2009! €10 Day Return fares to Dublin by Corporate Communications

This offer is available for travel this Sunday 28th of June 2009 ~ Dublin V Westmeath

Iarnrσd Ιireann is pleased to announce that the special €10 adult day return fare (€5 child return) to Dublin on a range of routes in the Leinster area has been extended.

Shoppers, families and other rail customers can forget headlines about the recession, with this special discounted offer, which will be available every day of the week until the 31st of August 2009 (with some exclusion dates - see below).

For ideas on what to do when you get to Dublin, click here.

The €10 return fare represents major savings of up to 50% and more in many cases.

This special fare is only available from train station ticket offices on day of travel.

The €10 day return fare for adults, and €5 day return fare for children is available on the following routes:

Dundalk/Drogheda-Dublin

Athlone-Dublin

Longford-Dublin

Portlaoise-Dublin

Gorey-Dublin

Carlow-Dublin

Example savings for customers are:

Example savings for customers are:

Stations.............. Normal day return Day return offer Saving
Athlone/Dublin...... €22.00 €10 55%
Clara/Dublin......... €19.00 €10 47%
Tullamore/Dublin... €19.00 €10 47%
Portarlington/Dublin €18.00 €10 44%
Portlaoise/Dublin.... €23.50 €10 57%
Longford/Dublin..... €22.50 €10 56%
Edgeworthstown/Dublin €20.30 €10 51%
Mullingar/Dublin..... €18.70 €10 47%
Dundalk/Dublin..... €23.50 €10 57%
Drogheda/Dublin.... €18.00 €10 44%
Gorey/Dublin........ €16.80 €10 40%
Carlow/Dublin...... €14.90 €10 33%

Full details of fare offer:

Tickets are only issued on the day of travel.

This offer is available on the following routes and stations, from the times indicated each day until 31st August (some exclusion dates apply - see below) – times below relate to Dublin-bound services, customers can return from Dublin on any train on the same day:

Dundalk/Drogheda – Dublin (fare available from Dundalk, Drogheda, Laytown and Gormanston): available on all trains after 09.20hrs daily

Longford-Dublin (fare available from Longford, Edgeworthstown, Mullingar, Enfield): available on all trains after 09.30hrs daily

Athlone-Dublin (fare available from Athlone, Clara, Tullamore): available on all trains after 09.30hrs daily

Portlaoise-Dublin (fare available from Portlaoise, Portarlington, Monasterevin, Kildare, Newbridge): available on all trains after 09.30hrs daily

Carlow-Dublin (fare available from Carlow, Athy): available on all trains after 09.30hrs daily

Gorey-Dublin (fare available from Gorey, Arklow, Rathdrum, Wicklow): available on all trains after 08.30hrs daily

Exclusion Dates:

Dates will be published in due course
Unread 24-06-2009, 21:23   #4
williemc49
New to the board

I made enquiry today at clonsilla and was told there are three extra trains on sunday 28/6/09
14.00-all are dept times from maynooth
williemc49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25-06-2009, 21:31   #5
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by williemc49 View Post
I made enquiry today at clonsilla and was told there are three extra trains on sunday 28/6/09
14.00-all are dept times from maynooth
well clonsilla has a note that trains will depart clonsilla at 12.10, 13.10 and 14.10 . Given that it takes fifteen minutes to get from maynooth to clonsilla either this notice or the maynooth departure times are wrong.

Id hazard a guess and say the times on display at clonsilla are wrong based on the maynooth departure times given trains will depart clonsilla at 12.15, 13.15 and 14.15 but its better to be safe and sure ! Not giving out !

Last edited by ThomasJ : 25-06-2009 at 21:36.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28-06-2009, 20:34   #6
Trampas
Really Regular Poster

Got the 14.00 train today to Croke Park and train wasn't packed at all. Seats could be got as it arrived into Clonsilla.

As the train left Clonsilla I could see a page stuck up on the timetable board which I presume that this was to display the extra trains.

Nothing in Maynooth so I would say well done to the people in Clonsilla for putting up this pity Maynooth could not do this.

I wonder what the normal schedule trains was like.

Drumcondra had times up for trains leaving after the game. Staff were checking tickets before game but not after game.

The train I was on got hit by missiles (rocks) as arriving into Broombridge. Driver walked down the train after stopping in Broombridge. I was in 2nd carriage but didn't see how far he went down or what he did but I heard rocks hitting the train.

A few cars clamped when I got off the train. NCPS on ot today I presume.

Last edited by Trampas : 28-06-2009 at 20:38.
Trampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29-06-2009, 14:39   #7
ThomasJ

Yep I have to agree about the actions of the local gurriers in Broombridge. Something needs to be done, people need to go undercover catch them out and set an example of them! On a side note it is worth mentioning there is no longer anywhere to sit on the Maynooth bound platform. The platforms are a disgrace but not sure the local folk seem to care! (sounds a bit controversial i know apologies but my opinion!)

Was on the 17:50ish Clonsilla Pearse yesterday. Passed by the 17:50 ex drumcondra special aroundabout ashtown was stuffed to the gills the 18:10 was fairly packed there too! passed it at glasnevin junction and by the time we had arrived at drumcondra there were already people arriving. There were also healthy numbers that got on the 20:43 pearse maynooth at drumcondra last night.

Have to give kudos as trampas mentioned to the girls who work at clonsilla station. Extremely helpful, stick up these signs, announce next trains etc its the way customer service should be!
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote