Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Galway
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:49   #1
nsishak
New to the board

Default How to know which seat is facing the direction of travel?

Hi all,
It's my first time travelling on irish train. From dublin to Galway, and back to dublin.

I am just wondering from any experienced users here how to tell which seats will be facing the direction of travel? I get motionsick if I'm facing the other way.

Thanks heaps.
nsishak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2016, 11:05   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

There is no way of determining direction of travel, only on Dublin Belfast and some Dublin Cork services is the train always facing the same way
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2016, 12:31   #3
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

If you are getting the 16.30/18.30 ex Heuston and 07.30/19.20 ex Galway then you have a higher degree of certainty of getting forward seats by selecting rows from the first set and every second set there after on you departure ex Heuston and the second set and every second there after on departure ex Galway. These are scheduled for 5 coach sets and the majority are facing the right way most of the time.

You can just move seats if the service is not that busy, system may not even be working or some people will sit in pre booked seats regardless of names showing. If your at the station around 20-30 minutes before departure then you have best chance of sitting where you want as most start boarding then.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote