Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Galway
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 19-05-2011, 13:24   #1
Pinkgeekette
New to the board

Default Some Help Please!!

Hi Everyone,

I can't figure out how to start a new thread on here, or even if you are allowed to do that!

I need some help with planning a commute journey please. I am soon to move home to Tullamore in Offaly and possibly starting a new job in Dublin. I am trying weigh out the Pro's and Cons before accepting the offer. Two cons are the travel from Tullamore to Dublin and the travel expenses.

I'm trying to find out the quickest and cheapest way to travel to my destination.... Can anyone please tell me what is the closet tran station to Blanchardstown?

My new job will be in Dublin 15 in Northwest Business Park.

Any ideas suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank You
Pinkgeekette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19-05-2011, 13:58   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Monthly to Dublin is €278.00, add 24 euro for the add on for Luas/145 to Connolly

Nearest stop to Blanchardstown is Castleknock but even that is a long walk

A ticket from Tullamore to Castleknock is possible and would be 300-310 per month. Obviously under the taxsaver scheme you would pay much less

You might be better off train to Heuston, walk then bus
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19-05-2011, 14:48   #3
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Northwest Business Park is served - i think by the 40D bus (while it remains) - check out http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Examples/...rds=Parnell+St. This is going to change sometime in the coming months as part of the way Dublin Bus are changing things. Its a bit of a walk or journey to Parnell Street at the moment, but with the changes coming the 40'd will become cross city buses so going via luas to o'connell street is easier.

Not sure if there are any other easy ways, the 37 bus now goes to Blanchardstown Centre and there may be a local bus from there.

Right now that is the best I can think of.
Unread 19-05-2011, 15:32   #4
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

You might talk to your employer. They might have some arrangements in place for people. I know that there are some private bus operators with services to Ballycoolin, but they might have arrangements with specific companies.

Its it possible for you to get to Mullingar or Enfield? Then get a train to Castleknock? The Dublin Bus route 38b serves the station and Ballycoolin.