Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Events, Happenings and Media
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-01-2008, 22:32   #23
Derek Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navan Junction View Post
I know but it is relevant. I couldn't give damn whether I take a train from Navan and it gets me to Dublin city centre in 50 minutes or 70 minutes.

I would prefer any service to another decade of waiting, and either path to Dublin is better that the grid-lock rat race through Blanch.

Point is from an economic perspective it does matter because if the long term vision justifies the direct line to Navan (and God knows we have waited long enough for the dithering to end) then that's what needs to be done.

We have passenger figures for Navan for the first time - maybe it's time to work through comparisons with existing services.

The figures for the line are based on northern line comparisons as well, just to add that in
For a start the gridlock through blanch is coming to an end long before any railway opens.

As for figures, Ive never seen any bar the overall yearly totals IE give for the entire network. The only new figures I see are the ones quoted for new builds. The only real comparison that you can make with navan is with the new builds such as the WRC or perhaps more so with Midleton. But realistically Navan is unique. Its a long abandoned route.

Indulge me.