Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services > Longford-Maynooth-Dunboyne-Clonsilla-Dublin line
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 16-06-2015, 07:40   #1
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

Default Well-handled issues this morning

There was a signal fault this morning that resulted in a 45 minute delay leaving Edgeworthstown for the 0615 from Longford and a further delay at Streete level crossing - this crossing seems to give a lot of trouble.

Anyway, we must accept that the occasional delay is inevitable and this is my first serious delay for several months so I was very pleasantly surprised to hear the driver announce the train would run non-stop between Maynooth and Drumcondra.

So perhaps Irish Rail are finally getting better with handling disruption. I've never seen this happen on the Longford commuter service before - maybe they have skipped a couple of stops to make up a bit of time but not gone the whole way from Maynooth to Drumcondra.

It didn't seem to overly affect those in closer to town although an argument could have been an argument for stopping at the Leixlips. None of the inner stations had crowds waiting and the next train was 10 minutes or so behind us.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote