Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Waterford
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 15-04-2011, 22:31   #1
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Default Capacity Problems on Services

Last Saturday I was on the 13:00 Waterford - Heuston. It was a 3 car set and there was passengers standing from Kilkenny. No passengers could board in Kildare or Newbridge.

Today I was on the 13:20 Hueston - Waterford. It was a 3 car set. Train was full leaving Dublin and lots of passengers were told to wait for the 15:10. The train departed Heuston slightly late as passengers refused to move away from the doors.

Passengers asked for them to add an extra 3 carriages. There was 3 car sets sitting on platform 8 and platform 6.

When will IE realise that these service need to be to be 6 car sets.

In Carlow the 13:00 Waterford - Heuston was full and no more passengers could get on. (according to station staff)

From 9 May they plan to have the 13:20 serve all stations from Athy - Waterford and the ticket man said it will still be a 3 car set.

It's is a complete descrase how IE can't provide a proper service. Is it any wonder people stop taking the train. There was 2 journalists from a national newspaper on the service and they were less than impressed, hopefully they will put a nice little article in the newspaper. They were talking to a few passengers about the service in general and no body had anyting good to say about it.

On another note the train stopped in Kilkenny for 15 minutes. (arrived 10 mins early) another example of bad timetabling. In the new timetable they haven't addressed this.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-04-2011, 10:57   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

I've used the 13:20 service on a Friday and never had a problem getting a seat, so a 3 coach train is appropriate. Its always been a 3 coach train since it was introduced in 2010. The extra stops are being added to use up the time normally spent in Kilkenny and also to fill the empty seats the 13:20 normally has

Last Saturday was busy due a Westlife concert and a Leinster rugby match

Many of the 6 coach services are standing room only already so stealing coaches from there is not acceptable
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-04-2011, 12:32   #3
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

I read elsewhere that 22035 6 car/1st is in ROTEMs mod programme which coupled with 22037 6 car/1stbeing still in Scotland probably leaves little room for surges such as rugby matches.
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-04-2011, 13:27   #4
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlingm View Post
I read elsewhere that 22035 6 car/1st is in ROTEMs mod programme which coupled with 22037 6 car/1stbeing still in Scotland probably leaves little room for surges such as rugby matches.
Also the 6 coaches returned to Rotem (which have been scrapped) due damage received during shipping from Korea

51 new coaches due this Summer.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16-04-2011, 23:53   #5
neoncircles

My eyes.

Capacity not capavity
Disgrace not descrase
anything not anyting

Sorry for being pedantic.
neoncircles is offline   Reply With Quote