Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Waterford
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 15-09-2006, 15:47   #1
Philly
Regular Poster

Default 15:05 Heuston - Waterford... Forget snakes on a plane....

We have "Birds on a Train"! Firstly, the train was just over fifteen minutes late. Can't see why, it seemed that the staff were just waiting around relaxing to be honest, no rushing to get going on time.

Secondly, the PA was atrocious. Whenever the driver talked there were confused expressions to be seen by all in my carriage.

Finally - why were the lots of birds on a train?! And where exactly where they? There were feathers dropped on a fair few tables and on the floor and a constant chirping noise throughout the journey. The chirping noise could be heard when I got on, about twenty minutes before the train left. Everybody was quite puzzled. There was even a bit of "POO (!!)" on the floor. The chirping continued throughout the journey, although I did hop out at Newbridge. The birds were definately in the train, but couldn't be seen. They were obviously close though, as they werre quite loud. When the driver announced "Iarnrod <muffle> Eireann <muffle> appologise <buzz, muffle> for any <muffle> delay" my table all joked about hearing the birds complaining about the delay. Another theory was that it was, in fact, the birds that ran our national rail service. Either way there were birds aboard. They obviously didn't have tickets. They did not ejest in the bathroom and never shut up. God help anybody allergic to feathers that was on board.

Are birds on trains a regular occurance? Or is there a problem here?
Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-09-2006, 23:18   #2
Oisin88

huh?
Oisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18-09-2006, 09:40   #3
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

That is pure strainge. OK, birds can fly into buildings but where they could physically hide in a carraige is beyond me, as you said you heard chirping.......... odd.
Unread 18-09-2006, 10:03   #4
MrX
Really Regular Poster

I've heard that ring tailed lemurs have boarded the Cobh train at Fota on occasion! The DMUs with their automatic doors mean that doors open at platforms for lemours too

Otherwild life apparently has ridden on top of the train!
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote