Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Waterford
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 23-11-2012, 20:52   #1
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Default [23/11/2012]-Around 100 Passengers standing on 16.35 to Waterford

There was around 100 passengers standing on the 16.35 today. I counted 40 where I was along and that was at top of the train and when walking up people standing in middle of carriages. Its a joke at this stage. Las year it took IE around 8 weeks to have sets 22041-45 rostered to operate the service. They have an extra 25 seats than premair class sets or 2 3 car set. Its being building over the last few weeks and IE are using whatever sets they can find. Today it was 2 3 car sets. I have never seen it so busy but it was coming. Send a few photos and tweets to IR but as usual no response. A number of passengers are contacting the RSC (pointless IMO) on Monday over the weekly problem and 17.35 isn't much better. It was after Carlow before all passengers got seats. Ticket checker on board was very clever by staying hidden until after Carlow.

I quote a passenger who said to me: "I don't pay 3,300 euro to have to F****** stand and its getting worse every week. Galway and Limerick departures around 4.30 don't have these level of overcrowing ever.

They used sets 22044 on this mornings 07.30 to Waterford and 11.00 return. A great way to roster sets......

I can see it getting worse next year as they will just push passengers onto it to allow the 16.30 to Galway be more express.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 23-11-2012 at 20:55.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote