Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Rosslare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 15-11-2007, 20:31   #61
Dublin/Rosslare
New to the board

Hi Everyone,
The new 22000 trains I'm guessing will have different onboard announcements because after all there is a different onboard announcement for the Enterprise,Dart,Commuter and the Cork Intercity so the 22000 trains just also might have different annoucements towards the others.
Dublin/Rosslare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-11-2007, 13:10   #62
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Can I ask, When the new 22000 class trains do arrive on Rosslare in Arpil can we see improvements not just in times but will the line from Gorey be different than the ones now... I mean 08:50 and the next train is 14:10 will this long time gap be gone and replaced with descent hours. The morning trains are fine but I would like a late morning service at around 11:00 to Dublin. Replace the 2pm trains to 13:30 and 16:00. Then the 18:50 to 18:30 and the last to 20:00. This way there is not much of a time gap.

Last edited by KSW : 15-12-2007 at 20:23.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26-11-2007, 15:02   #63
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithStephen View Post
Can I ask when the new 22000 class trains do arrive on Rosslare in Arpil
Well................. erm...........
Unread 26-11-2007, 15:09   #64
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Rosslare will get 5 trains a day each way thats it plus the connections over to Waterford and northwards. Gorey gets its extra evening train and with a bit of luck the late evening train

For the worst performing line in the country to have the same service level as was offered to Waterford, Sligo and Galway not so long ago its a massive step forward

Yes journey times will come down but most of the time to be saved is south of Arklow, new signalling will cut a few minutes as well
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27-11-2007, 17:23   #65
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Heh. Just came across this on the ASAI website, in relation to a complaint about online booking in January:

"They [IE] said that this is a service that Irish Rail are eager to offer to all customers as soon as possible and the new trains which will operate on the Dublin/Sligo line from early 2007 will allow the introduction of an online booking facility for that line."

Actually, hang on, that's not funny
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13-12-2007, 00:18   #66
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Anyone know when the new 22000 trains can be expected to be seen on Rosslare? Mark G have you heard anything regards this. I heard it will be December '08 plse dont say this is true..
Unread 13-12-2007, 10:10   #67
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

It will be Dec 08 before all Rosslare services are 22k operated since it requires a timetable change but the lunchtime service to Rosslare and return should switch a lot sooner

Signaling upgrade is last two weeks of April
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-12-2007, 17:54   #68
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

Mark G - what stock is likely to be scrapped in 2008? (let's hope they haven't booked dates or anything given how slow the 22k rollout has been going)
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-12-2007, 20:35   #69
sean

My guess is the Mk2Ds would be the first to go, followed at some point by the Mk3s, though I hope some Mk3s are kept for specials, emergency cover and whatnot.
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14-12-2007, 23:09   #70
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Bring on the new timetable & trains, I'm sick of the current trains
Unread 15-12-2007, 01:39   #71
sean

Given the ****e that's on your line I'm not surprised.
Unread 15-12-2007, 10:35   #72
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Just curious but when was the last time the Rosslare line had an Intercity train. That accident with the train uncoupling outside Wexford that must be back in 2004/05. The Sligo line had those commuter trains for 2years or under I'm not sure and they had enough of these commuter railcars. Another full year for the Rosslare line to get the new 22k trains next Christmas, Come on !!!
Unread 15-12-2007, 22:14   #73
Edward Ryan
Regular Poster

I would like to comment on the Rosslare lines current train the 28 class.

While they may not be Intercity they are the best trains to work the line for years. The old intercity was old and clapped out the heating never worked the toilets were no better I for one was glad to see the back of them.

As for the commuter train that split in two outside Enniscorthy these were the 27 class and were totally unable for the Rosslare line.

The 28 may be no BMW but they are warm the toilets seem to work and the seats are comfortable. We could have worse!

Most of the journeys that I made where things went wrong were of those awful 29 class trains. Heating on these trains is a rare event. The toilets are always out of order.They rock shake and shudder along the tracks. The 22 trains will certainly be welcomed with open arms whenever they do arrive on the line. In the mean time the ol faithfull 28 will keep us moving.

Ed
Edward Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-12-2007, 23:16   #74
sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Ryan View Post
I would like to comment on the Rosslare lines current train the 28 class.

While they may not be Intercity they are the best trains to work the line for years. The old intercity was old and clapped out the heating never worked the toilets were no better I for one was glad to see the back of them.

As for the commuter train that split in two outside Enniscorthy these were the 27 class and were totally unable for the Rosslare line.

The 28 may be no BMW but they are warm the toilets seem to work and the seats are comfortable. We could have worse!

Most of the journeys that I made where things went wrong were of those awful 29 class trains. Heating on these trains is a rare event. The toilets are always out of order.They rock shake and shudder along the tracks. The 22 trains will certainly be welcomed with open arms whenever they do arrive on the line. In the mean time the ol faithfull 28 will keep us moving.

Ed
I hear ya' bro. My thoughts exactly. On one occasion I had to use the Longford Commuter service (which is something I normally avoid) and it was a 2800 train. They were as noisy as the 29ks, but the suspension was a hell of a lot smoother, and the interconnecting gangways would have been helpful had I needed to search the entire train for a seat as well, but the one thing that struck me the most was how smooth they ran.

A quick look at the cars undersides shows some very old school spring type suspension, that might have a lot to do with it.

It's the 29ks that get my blood boiling.
Unread 15-12-2007, 23:57   #75
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Now see there you go you guys like the 28's and I cannot stand the 28's. The 29's for me anyday. The interior against the 28's much better. I know that accident was a 27 heap of scrap but I seen a train on monday like those, The seats were of 4sets face to face all along both sides of the train. Yes, I welcome the 22000 trains when they eventually do come on stream. I will try them out the next time I go to Maynooth sometime in January, Cant wait ...
Unread 16-12-2007, 00:35   #76
sean

It's not that I like the 2800s, I just think they're the best of a bad lot with some decent engineering.
Unread 16-12-2007, 01:20   #77
KSW
Really Regular Poster

The're okay I'II be honest, I just perfer the 29000 sets.
Unread 16-12-2007, 10:37   #78
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin/Rosslare View Post
Hi Everyone,
The new 22000 trains I'm guessing will have different onboard announcements because after all there is a different onboard announcement for the Enterprise,Dart,Commuter and the Cork Intercity so the 22000 trains just also might have different annoucements towards the others.

I should think so hopefully
Unread 16-12-2007, 12:27   #79
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Hope You all these !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New 22000 InterCity2.jpg (192.6 KB, 1012 views)
File Type: jpg New 22000 trains.jpg (33.4 KB, 971 views)
File Type: jpg NEW INTERCITY 22000 TRAIN2.jpg (137.5 KB, 988 views)

Last edited by KSW : 16-12-2007 at 12:34.
Unread 16-12-2007, 13:47   #80
sean

Nice. I got the whole show in Sligo several months ago, and posted the results here.

http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showpo...4&postcount=23

In case anyone missed it, posts 23 and 24.