Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Intercity and Regional > Dublin Cork
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 18-04-2011, 09:44   #1
namloc
New to the board

Default Changing Ticket

So I went to the ticket office in Kent on Friday to book tickets for a return journey to Dublin. However in my rush I stupidly booked the tickets for the wrong date and only realised it when I looked again at the tickets over the weekend. So firstly is there anything I can do at this stage to get them changed? I am going to go to the ticket office later on but I'm just wondering if anyone can advise what can I do here?

Last edited by namloc : 18-04-2011 at 09:53.
namloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18-04-2011, 10:02   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Best bet is to call the call centre number and ask to cancel and they will refund you 80% of the price provided you cancel at least a day before travel, 50% if cancelled on day of travel before departure

They most likely will ask you to post the tickets back to them as well to prove the journey was not taken

The ability to change a booking online is something we will be raising with Irish Rail when they replace the current booking system

If you need to change to a different train on the same day there is a process which may require a surcharge depending on the train and price paid
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote