Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Luas Customer Service Issues > Luas Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-10-2006, 11:12   #1
Brian Condron

Default Luas Smart Card Query

It was my understanding that the Smart Card is supposed to be tagged on when you begin your journey, and tagged off when you end it. Yesterday, I went from Heuston to Beechwood, tagged on at Heuston, got off at Abbey St. walked to Stephen's Green and tagged off at Beechwood. Yet when I tagged off at Beechwood, the system said "Tagged on" and my balance showed that I had been charged €2.25. Heuston is in Zone 1, and Beechwood is in Green 2, so I should only have been charged for crossing one zone. Yet I believe that I was charged the full rate for not tagging off at Abbey St. And I was charged again for tagging on at Beechwood. If I had tagged off at Abbey St. and tagged back on at Stephen's Green I'm sure I would have paid for two journeys. So what did I do wrong?
Brian Condron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 11:19   #2
Brian Condron

Just got the answer to my question on the FAQ section on the Luas site, I should have tagged off at Abbey St and tagged back on at Stephen's Green. They didn't make that clear.

So what will happen when the lines meet? Will we have to get off at O'Connel St. tag off, then tag on at Abbey St.
Brian Condron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 21:05   #3
alek smart

It is a classic example of why Senior Civil Servants (In the first instance) should not be allowed on or near a bus,tram or train without adequate supervision.
alek smart is offline   Reply With Quote