Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > General Information & Discussion > Up To Date Travel Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 15-08-2012, 16:29   #1
karlr42

Default [15/8/2012]Services suspended Lansdowne Rd to Dun Laoghaire

https://twitter.com/IrishRail/status/235774195181699072
Quote:
Services suspended Lansdowne Rd to Dun Laoghaire, tree fallen on overhead lines at Merrion. Dublin Bus accepting tickets.
Not a good day for Irish Rail.
karlr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-08-2012, 20:18   #2
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

In fairness, Irish Rail did handle this quite well on the Sligo line. I was on the 1905 Sligo service which was delayed behind the earlier Longford train. But they transferred the passengers from the Longford train at Maynooth and minimised the delays for everyone.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15-08-2012, 20:20   #3
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Yes - I was in Lansdowne road around 17.15, and it seemed to show no movement on times for about 10 mins. I rang Connolly information, and then they announced locally that a tree on/near the line at Merrion gates, and all services suspended. Connolly had no information on any delays, but rang me back to say, yes there was a problem, and Dublin Bus would honour rail tickets. Walked up to US embassy and got a bus into town.
I rang again about 18.10, and they said services had just resumed. However, there was complete confusion on the DART platforms at Connolly, with large crowds, wrong information on LED displays, wrong destinations on DARTs etc. Not a staff member in sight. My Drogheda train arrived 10mins late directly behind a late running DART. About 20 mins late home. And that was after this mornings delays.