Rail Users Ireland Forum

Go Back   Rail Users Ireland Forum > Irish Rail Customer Service Issues > Commuter Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-11-2006, 09:57   #1
Thomas the Tank
New to the board

Default Baby it's cold outside...

Yes it is, it's Winter after all. So I guess it's probably a bit chilly up in the driver's cabin where there's plenty of room for cold air to circulate and there's a need for to old 3-bar heater on full blast.
However! Down the back where there is no room for anything to circulate and where the promise of nice cold fresh air at the end of the journey is the only thing still keeping you upright, the last bloody thing you need is heating blasted down on top of you! Why is this so hard for train drivers to fathom?
I'm ranting about the Coolmine-Connolly 8.16 train by the way which is consistently the most dreaded and uncomfortable part of my day. This morning I actually felt nauseous getting off the train it was so bad (I was in one of the middle carriages). We need cold air back there people, not any more heat!
Thomas the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 11:21   #2
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Circulation problems? Are all of the heaters on that carraige working? ?Are you standing right at the door, where I think the blasters are?
Unread 07-11-2006, 11:51   #3
Thomas the Tank
New to the board

Yeah would be standing in that section beside the doors and you're right, I think the blasters are right over head. I'm all for having heaters on during the winter in off-peak times when the trains aren't jammers. But during rush hour all of those trains are completely wedged and the heat from all those bodies squashed in together is bad enough, with the lack of air unbearable. So turning on the heating at those times makes a bad situation even worse. It doesn't take a whole pile of common sense on behalf of the driver to figure out that when they can barely close the doors because there's so many people on the carriage that it's going to be fairly uncomfortable back there.
Thomas the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote